[Vision2020] Birthday Spankings

LuJane Nisse lujane@lataheagle.com
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:29:50 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C3C6EC.947C6E30

do you really think they "spank" for birthdays? or just a little ceremonial
paddle softly in honor of... as in tradition?
I probably think the latter.
LJ
  -----Original Message-----
  From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of DonaldH675@aol.com
  Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 10:07 AM
  To: vision2020@moscow.com
  Subject: [Vision2020] Birthday Spankings

  I invite anyone who supports Logos school to please weigh in on this
discussion.  What is the purpose of spanking children on their birthday?
Where might I find the verse in the Bible that justifies this behavior?
Does this behavior fall under the category of fun (for the hitter) or  is it
just a typical display of patriarchal Christian humor?  Are girls spanked as
well as boys on their birthdays?  Do children endure this annually?  Is it
more appropriate to spank a 3rd grader or is it more appropriate to spank a
senior (who conceivably might spank back?)  What's the purpose of choosing
the paddle?  Is that somehow supposed to constitute implied consent from the
child? Since Logos claims a substantial student body how many spankings does
the principal get to give every day?  Is this a job perk? Who initiated the
birthday spankings, the principal or did the school board members?  It seems
to me that there are substantive issues of abuse of power, control, and
humiliation in this scenerio....and the tacky little "reward" of a fast food
certificate after the punishment adds a distinctive twist that is stomach
churning.
  What in the world is the matter with the faculty and board that they
support and condone  this behavior?  Has the Department of Health and Human
Services visited your school lately?  If not, I think it is way past time.
  Rose Huskey

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C3C6EC.947C6E30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" color=3D#0000ff size=3D4><SPAN=20
class=3D162122919-20122003>do you really think they "spank" for =
birthdays? or just=20
a little ceremonial paddle softly in honor of... as in=20
tradition?</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" color=3D#0000ff size=3D4><SPAN=20
class=3D162122919-20122003>I probably think the =
latter.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" color=3D#0000ff size=3D4><SPAN=20
class=3D162122919-20122003>LJ</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
vision2020-admin@moscow.com=20
  [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]<B>On Behalf Of=20
  </B>DonaldH675@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, December 20, 2003 =
10:07=20
  AM<BR><B>To:</B> vision2020@moscow.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Vision2020] =

  Birthday Spankings<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>I invite anyone who supports Logos school to&nbsp;please weigh in =
on this=20
  discussion.&nbsp; What is the purpose of&nbsp;spanking children on =
their=20
  birthday?&nbsp; Where might I find the verse in the Bible that =
justifies this=20
  behavior?&nbsp; Does this behavior fall under the category of&nbsp;fun =
(for=20
  the hitter)&nbsp;or&nbsp; is it just a typical display of=20
  patriarchal&nbsp;Christian humor?&nbsp; Are girls spanked as well as =
boys on=20
  their birthdays?&nbsp; Do children endure this annually?&nbsp; Is it =
more=20
  appropriate to spank a 3rd grader or is it more appropriate to spank a =
senior=20
  (who conceivably might spank back?)&nbsp; What's the purpose of =
choosing the=20
  paddle?&nbsp; Is that somehow supposed to constitute implied consent =
from the=20
  child? Since Logos claims a substantial student body how many =
spankings does=20
  the principal get to give every day?&nbsp;&nbsp;Is this a job perk? =
Who=20
  initiated the birthday spankings,&nbsp;the principal or did the school =
board=20
  members?&nbsp; It seems to me that there are substantive issues of =
abuse of=20
  power, control, and humiliation in this scenerio....and the tacky =
little=20
  "reward" of a fast food certificate after the punishment adds a =
distinctive=20
  twist that is stomach churning.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>What in the world is the matter with the faculty and board that =
they=20
  support and condone&nbsp; this behavior?&nbsp; Has the Department of =
Health=20
  and Human Services visited your school lately? &nbsp;If not, I think =
it is way=20
  past time.</DIV>
  <DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C3C6EC.947C6E30--