[Vision2020] RE: Ruth Drollinger - Credible

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:32:23 -0800

John Harrell <johnbharrell@yahoo.com> wrote:

"Logos is a completely different entity as has been pointed out over and
over and over. Try to get it right."

Well, it would help if all those affiliated with Christ Church/Logos/New
Saint Andrews would adhere to the party line as you see it.  Logos and
Christ Church *certainly* weren't completely separate in the beginning . . .
when and how did this dramatic change take place?

If it's as you say, why, then, was Doug Wilson using "we" when talking about
Logos School after Ms. Drollinger left the "town hall meeting"???  And, it's
not like that's an isolated incident -- I have more than a few posts from
Doug Wilson (Christ Church pastor) during the past year or so in which he
*is* speaking for Logos School.  To provide just one example, here's a quote
from a 4/2003 post regarding Logos' all male school board:
"***We*** have actively sought to build a school community in which fathers
take responsibility for their children beyond the point of begetting them. .
. But once outsiders take an interest in what ***we*** are doing (as they
have done), ***we*** want to be very careful about ***our*** political and
legal position."
[Note:  emphasis mine.  SL]

When Mr. Wilson himself does not make a distinction between his speaking as
a representative/founding member of Logos School and his speaking as a
representative/pastor of Christ Church, why do you expect us to see, or
divine, any distinction at all???

Me think thou doest protest too loudly.  Why on EARTH are you so intent on
trying to convince everyone there's some significant distinction between
Logos School and Christ Church et al???  I sure don't see, for instance, St.
Mary's School yelling to convince folks that they aren't associated with the
Catholic Church.

You may think you're making some valid point here, but reality and Truth are
reality and Truth no matter how intensely you try to split hairs.

Do you think the good people of this community are stupid???  I find these
empty claims trying to separate Christ Church (pastored by Doug Wilson) and
Logos School (and NSA) not only disingenuous, but downright insulting.

Why don't you tell us what the concrete difference is?  Surely it's more
than, "If you want to contact Doug Wilson as Logos founder, contact him at
A; and if you want to contact him as pastor of Christ Church, contact him at
B; and if you want to contact him as ACCS ex officio or principal, then
contact him at C; and if you want to contact him about Cannon Press (a CC
"ministry"), contact him at D; and if you want to contact him about NSA
(established by CC), contact him at E; and if you want to contact him as
editor of Credenda/Agenda, contact him at F, and . . . "

Tell me of some substantive theological or philosophical difference, please,
and tell me when and how this split happened.  Or, quit yelling about some
empty distinction between CC/Logos/NSA et al!

For those who didn't look before, the following comes directly from the
Association of Classical & Christian Schools (ACCS)  web site:
http://www.accsedu.org/pageview.asp?PageID=1567
"ACCS grew out of the national response to a book published in 1991 entitled
Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning by Douglas Wilson.  This book
described the educational philosophy instituted by Logos School in Moscow,
ID"

Not convinced yet?  Let's look a little further, this time at Logos' web
site:
http://www.logosschool.com/
"Through the publication of a book written by one of our founding board
members, Logos has become instrumental in assisting dozens of other
classical and Christian schools across the United States. . .Logos is a
charter member of ACCS and is represented on that organization's national
board."
Note:  the founding member and book referenced in the first sentence are, of
course, Doug Wilson and his Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning.

Boy, they aren't kidding about Logos being represented on ACCS's national
board.  And, Christ Church is also nicely represented as well:
http://www.accsedu.org/pageview.asp?PageID=1570
Tom Spencer, Chairman
Logos School
Tom Garfield
Logos School
Douglas Wilson, Ex Officio
Patch Blakey, Executive Director
[Note:  Patch Blakey serves as an elder for the Christ Church, Spokane and
Christ Church, Moscow:
"The Autumn of 1999 marked the birth of Christ Church, Spokane as a daughter
church of Christ Church in Moscow, Idaho. . . A body of men called elders
governs Christ Church. . . The other two members of our elder board, Patch
Blakey and Douglas Wilson, live in Moscow, Idaho, and serve as elders of our
mother church there."
http://www.christkirk.org/about.shtml]

Still not convinced?  OK, let's go back to the ACCS web site:
"1.2 Principle Office. The initial principle executive office of the ACCS
shall be, 205 E. 5th Street, Moscow, Idaho 83843
1.3 Agent. The initial agent authorized to receive service of process shall
be: Douglas Wilson"

Hmmm . . . the address for Christ Church is:
"205 'E' 5th St."
http://www.christkirk.com/

And, what a darn surprise:  the first two (out of only 8) accredited ACCS
schools were NSA and Logos, both right here in Moscow.
http://www.accsedu.org/pageview.asp?pageid=5168

And for those who want to delve further, I suggest further:
Our Confession, Our Constitution, and Reformed Dust Ups at the Christ Church
web site
http://www.christkirk.com/
Compare and contrast what you find there with:
http://www.accsedu.org/pageview.asp?PageID=1566
http://www.accsedu.org/pageview.asp?PageID=1579
http://www.accsedu.org/pageview.asp?PageID=5421

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of
the people all of the time.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck . . .

I have no vested interest in Logos or in Christ Church or in New Saint
Andrews or in the Association of Classical & Christian Schools or in Cannon
Press or in Credenda/Agenda or any of that.

However, I do have a vested interest in honesty and integrity and
truthfulness and honor.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.