[Vision2020] Holocaust denier visits Moscow

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:16:26 -0800 (PST)

--0-140281229-1071688586=:7332

Saundra,
      I saw the Lewiston Morning Tribune article this morning.
      The article mainly covered the logistical problems that Herr Irving had in giving the talk at the Mark IV and that he then convened his talk at the alternative hotel.
      No identification was given as to who invited Mr. Irving or who the attendees were--though as previously posted--it said that about a dozen people listened to his talk at the Hampton Inn, and that a sign in the lobby read: "Welcome Par Force UK Limited." I assumed that this must have been the name that the talk-organizers gave the hotel when they booked it.
      The article went on to quote briefly from Mr. Irving's talk. He apparently criticized those who "attempt to silence him" and chided them for not being willing to debate him.
       Mr. Irving then was quoted as bemoaning the fact that he is seen as "rightwing." He apparently said that he is critical of Bush, the war in Iraq, and etc. The article went on to say that Irving stood in front of the listeners with piles of his books around him.
       As I said earlier, there were no names given of either the attendees or the person or persons who invited him, but there was a mention of the fact that Irving had visited WSU several years ago after having been invited to speak there by a WSU student.
       I had wondered if that same person invited Irving, but there was no mention as to whether that was the case or not.
      TL

Saundra Lund <sslund@adelphia.net> wrote:

I don't subscribe to the Trib -- can anyone who does please provide more
details? Any identification of the group(s)/individual(s) responsible for
David Irving's decision to stop in ***our*** community to spew forth his
hate & lies? Any explanation from The Hampton Inn about why they provided a
venue for his verbal vomit, *particularly* after The Mark IV did the Right
and responsible thing??? Were those in the audience supporters or
protesters or observers? Was the audience just those traveling with him or
are they individuals from this community who support him? More information,
PLEASE!

I don't know, but it looked to me like his "tour" was a driving one. When I
first heard about his plan to stop in Moscow, the burning question for me
was, "What on earth makes this person think there are people in Moscow,
Idaho who would want to hear him or buy his lies???" I mean, this isn't a
big city like Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake, Denver, or Chicago where the
sheer number of people living there would guarantee a few completely twisted
souls interested in his hate & lies.

Why Moscow?!?! What the H*LL is going on in our community that would make
this . . . man stop here?!?!? What message is getting it out to the world
indicating that this sort of hatred would be welcome in our community???

Whatever it is, as a community, we need to take a long hard look at
ourselves and address those issues: for every person who showed up in
support of such sh*t, there are more in our community with the same
non-thinking mentality who didn't show up.

I really am just sickened by this :-(

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.