[Vision2020] on behalf of Jackie Woolf

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:57:12 EST

-------------------------------1071608232

Dear Visionaries,
I rarely reply to any post either written by, or "on behalf of" Jackie Woolf.
 In this instance, however, and in the interest of accurate information, I'd
like to be perfectly clear.  A copy of an email (with the "correct" return
address from David Irving's website) was forwarded to us by a friend last night.
In the note, and (perhaps the person who forwarded will be willing to mail a
copy of the text to V20/20), David Irving confirmed that he was coming to
Moscow today from Portland.  He named the Mark IV as the place he would be for
drinks before dinner, dinner, and a lecture.  He also said that he would have his
books for sale and would be happy to autograph them for those attending.
I called the Mark IV this am and spoke to a young man named Nathan.  Nathan
confirmed that there was a dinner reservation for 30 people, made by a person
named Alfred Holder, or Holden.  He said there would be a speaker but he did
not know the topic or name of the speaker.  I told him that I had read an email
from David Irving announcing his arrival and his schedule at the Mark IV.  I
explained that David Irving was a Neo-Nazi and a holocaust denier.  I said it
was a pity that the Mark IV, which has provided hospitality to this town for
many, many years would have a man like David Irving speaking in their
establishment.  I also said that I hoped many community folks would be involved in a
peaceful protest.  I suggested that he discuss with the management the issues
involved.  Apparently a discussion did follow at the Mark IV and they made their
decision not to allow Irving to speak.  And by the way, thanks to anyone who
contacted Mark IV with similar concerns.
Subsequently, I received an email from Saundra saying that David Irving would
not be welcome or speaking at the Mark IV.  As usual, Jackie (or, "on her
behalf," who ever that might be) has gotten hold of only half the story, added
her own CAPS and spewed her version of the truth.
Does David Irving tell lies?  I think we all know that he does.  Was this a
ruse by person or persons unknown?  Perhaps, but it is a fairly elaborate one
if that is the case.
I urge all community members who care about this issue to stop in for (at
least) a cup of coffee at the Mark IV over the holiday period ahead.  They
deserve our thanks and our support for their courageous decision to do their best
(and put their money where their mouth is) to stop hate speech on the Palouse.
Three cheers for them!!!!
Best,
Rose.
P.S.  And if it turns out that the Mark IV is open to night for grateful
community members to show our appreciation would someone please notify the V20/20
readers.
Thanks again Mark IV management and staff.

-------------------------------1071608232

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Dear Visionaries,</DIV>
<DIV>I rarely reply to any post either written by, or "on behalf of" Jackie=20=
Woolf.&nbsp; In this instance, however, and in the interest of accurate info=
rmation, I'd like to be perfectly clear.&nbsp; A copy of an email (with the=20=
"correct" return address from David Irving's website) was forwarded to us by=
 a friend last night.&nbsp; In the note, and (perhaps the person who forward=
ed will be willing to mail a copy of the text to V20/20), David Irving confi=
rmed that he was coming to Moscow today from Portland.&nbsp; He named the Ma=
rk IV as the place he would be for drinks before dinner, dinner, and a lectu=
re.&nbsp; He also said that he would have his books for sale and would be ha=
ppy to autograph them for those attending.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>I called the Mark IV this am and spoke to a young man named Nathan.&nbs=
p; Nathan confirmed that there was a dinner reservation for 30 people, made=20=
by a person named Alfred Holder, or Holden.&nbsp; He said there would be a s=
peaker but he did not know the topic or name of the speaker.&nbsp; I told hi=
m that I had read an email from David Irving announcing his arrival and his=20=
schedule at the Mark IV.&nbsp; I explained that David Irving was a Neo-Nazi=20=
and a holocaust denier.&nbsp; I said it was a pity that the Mark IV, which h=
as provided hospitality to this town for many, many years would have a man l=
ike David Irving speaking in their establishment.&nbsp; I also said that I h=
oped many community folks would be involved in a peaceful protest.&nbsp; I s=
uggested that he discuss with the management the issues involved.&nbsp; Appa=
rently a discussion did follow at the Mark IV&nbsp;and they made their decis=
ion not to allow Irving to speak.&nbsp; And by the way, thanks to anyone who=
 contacted Mark IV with similar concerns.</DIV>
<DIV>Subsequently, I received an email from Saundra saying that David Irving=
 would not be welcome or speaking at the Mark IV.&nbsp; As usual, Jackie (or=
, "on her behalf," who ever that might be) has gotten hold of only half the=20=
story, added her own CAPS and spewed her version of the truth.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Does David Irving tell lies?&nbsp; I think we all know that he does.&nb=
sp; Was this a ruse by person or persons unknown?&nbsp; Perhaps, but it is a=
 fairly elaborate one if that is the case.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>I urge all community members who care about this issue to stop in for (=
at least) a cup of coffee at the Mark IV over the holiday period ahead.&nbsp=
; They deserve our thanks and our support for their courageous decision to d=
o their best (and put their money where their mouth is) to stop hate speech=20=
on the Palouse.&nbsp; Three cheers for them!!!!</DIV>
<DIV>Best,</DIV>
<DIV>Rose.</DIV>
<DIV>P.S.&nbsp; And if it turns out that the Mark IV is open to night for gr=
ateful community members to show our appreciation would someone please notif=
y the V20/20 readers.</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks again Mark IV management and staff.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>