[Vision2020] Too sexy to be taken seriously by Logos Board? (revised post upon request)

Valuachild@aol.com Valuachild@aol.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:37:02 EST

--part1_74.364f89c9.2d0f837e_boundary

Dear  Visionaries,

          Last February I was contacted by Vera White, after winning a=20
Landmark State Supreme Court Case, the first case in the country to test a n=
ew law=20
which makes child custody portable for victims of abuse. (The Daily's editor=
=20
Steve McClure and other Idaho news editors rejected the story even though th=
e AP=20
ran it last February and it was front-page news in various papers around the=
=20
country)

          After getting the story on my case, Vera then asked me the=20
question, "So what else do you have going on in your life?"  I said, "Well,=20=
as a=20
matter of fact, I'm contemplating confronting this school named Logos that t=
hree of=20
my children have been attending for the last four years." She said that no=20
parent had come forward before, and I told her that I wasn't afraid of comin=
g=20
forward, that I was disturbed by what my children and I had experienced. =20

            "What issues?" she said?  I told her about the school's recent "
women only" vote on the board and how I felt that the subjugation of women w=
as=20
taught there, about their bazaar five year plan for all faculty staff and=20
students to have a "unified world-view", also how there seemed to be=20
discrimination against minorities, and they actually have this thing about s=
lavery, the=20
worst was the corporal punishment administered by the Superintendent Tom Gar=
field=20
and Principal Matt Whittling.  Spankings with various boards over any even=20
the most minor infractions, spanking children before notifying a parent, the=
=20
unspoken discipline policy of forced waste retention of children beginning i=
n the=20
2nd grade, and last but not least, birthday spankings.=20

             Although I wanted Vera to keep a lid on her source since I=20
wanted my children to finish out the school year peaceably, ultimately thing=
s=20
didn't turn out that way.  However, this was not due to Vera, whom I greatly=
=20
appreciate.  Her column briefly mentioned what I disclosed to her, and this=20=
started=20
the furor over Christ Church, Doug Wilson, and Logos School. =20

             That week I also met for several hours with Doug Wilson's=20
brother and his wife, because I had a hunch the school was lying about why t=
hey had=20
abruptly left a year earlier.  I was right and indeed they had been fired, t=
he=20
school had lied about it.   We had a candid discussion about everything, my=20
concerns, and we shared openly and freely.  I asked them if I could make a=20
difference by presenting my grievances to the school board.  Their response?=
  They=20
said I probably wouldn't be taken seriously, that I was too sexy.  After our=
=20
meeting, and some research on my part, my suspicions about Christ Church and=
=20
their relationship to the school were confirmed.  =20

              I discovered a 300? pg. Lawsuit, which a former member of=20
Christ Church filed against the church.  It turns out that what I considered=
 evil=20
and cultism at the school including an environment in which doctrine was=20
indirectly taught at the school, came right from the writings of Douglas Wil=
son and=20
his associates. Within weeks, I knew I would remove my children, and I=20
informed the school that they would be be reenrolling.  After over $30,000 o=
f tuition
, fund raising for the school, I wondered if other parents would wise up.=20

             But first I wanted to question these people in a=20
non-confrontational "iron sharpening iron" way.  Within weeks after informin=
g Logos that the=20
children would not be back the following year,  parent-teacher conferences=20
were held.   I went to each of my children's three teachers-- B. J.  Jordan=20=
(2nd=20
grade teacher), Muffy Minnich, Lauri Barrie (4th grade teachers), and Matt=20
Whittling, (6th grade teacher and school principal) prepared and poised.

             I wanted some explanations as to what they were doing to my=20
children. After Mrs. Jordan could not give me an explanation why she punishe=
d my=20
child for not being able to "hold it" and confronting her about her friend w=
ho=20
had frequent bladder infections for fear of punishment, and realizing why I=20
had to take my son to the doctor for so many years since he attended her cla=
ss=20
because he was wetting his pants for no apparent reason, the teacher threw a=
=20
paper I presented her from the American Medical Association at me a paper ab=
out=20
"forced waste retention" and fiercely defended her position stating I was=20
wrong, I went on to the 4th grade class taught by Muffy Minnich and Lauri Ba=
rrie. =20
I asked them, could you tell me why you seem to glorify the South in your=20
studies of the civil war? And please tell me why you celebrate Robert E. Lee=
's=20
birthday every year and have this huge picture of him overshadowing all othe=
rs,=20
fail to recognize Abraham Lincoln, and tell me why my son feels put down on=20=
a=20
project he did against slavery?  Then after Mrs. Minnich began glorifying Le=
e=20
as this Godly Man, failing to answer my other questions, I went on my oldest=
=20
son's teacher, Matt Whittling, writer for Wilson's Credenda, leader in Chris=
t=20
Church, and the principal of the school, the strict military type guy with t=
he=20
nice friendly smile who teaches strange cultish "mantras" to the children at=
=20
their assemblies, administers corporal punishment to the children, expects e=
ven=20
the 5 and 6 years olds to fall in line.  So I asked Matt Whittling, "So why=20
is my son so disturbed that you put down women leaders in history? in=20
particular during your studies of the Salic laws?, and "Why do you moralize=20=
the=20
students that woman are to "serve" men (exact words from my son) and why has=
 my son=20
been made to feel that if he and other classmates objected, he would be sent=
 to=20
the office for a "spanking"??

          Each of these teachers made me feel like, "Gee, you're the only=20
parent who feels this way!" After experiencing their underlying hostility to=
wards=20
me and not getting any answers, I politely and quietly left.  Shortly=20
thereafter, the "gossip" letter came.  A March 31st email Tom Garfield distr=
ibuted to=20
all the Logos people, and I would imagine Christ Church members, a letter=20
demonizing me, labeling me as a sinner, a slanderer.  This wasn't the first=20=
time=20
Garfield had it in for me.  Two years earlier, after my son had received=20
multiple spankings for what I considered non-offenses.  I took two witnesses=
 with=20
me to a  meeting with him about this abuse and also questioned him about=20
humiliating birthday spankings my children received.  Garfield just laughed=20=
at my=20
concerns, and then arrogantly, in my face said, "If you think you're going t=
o=20
change an 18 year tradition (birthday spankings) you are wrong! =20

            After Garfield's "gossip" email, my children immediately started=
=20
experiencing torment from their classmates.  Some of their best friends told=
=20
them that their parents would not let them play together anymore, oh, I=20
remember, picking my son up with tears running down his cheeks, and my usual=
ly=20
cheerful, happy go lucky, 2nd grade daughter, all the while keeping the torm=
ent=20
secret.  After my daughter began experiencing some unusual tummy aches and p=
ains,=20
she finally told me was happening to her at school. =20

            It turns out that another little girl in her class would not sto=
p=20
calling her names, had pushed her down, and was making fun of her.  When my=20
daughter sought relief from her teacher, asking her to "Please make this gir=
l=20
stop being mean and calling me names" Mrs. Jordan told her "Sorry, I can't h=
elp=20
you unless you have two witnesses, you know the rules."  My little girl, who=
m=20
I'm proud to say, then confronted her tormentor saying "You must go to a bad=
=20
church because you're so mean to me" I decided to keep her home from school=20
the next day, and that turned out to be a wise decision.  Had I taken her to=
=20
school, the principal was planning on giving her punishment, and I'm sure th=
is=20
meant a spanking?  It turns out that the little girl is the daughter of the=20
school board president, a Mr. Hieronyomus.  And my daughters mention of the=20
"church" made him furious.  =20

           That day, my son was sent home with a letter, threatening me,=20
stating that my daughter was to come to school to be punished for criticizin=
g=20
Christ Church.  It was then and there I decided there is no way my children=20=
can=20
spend another day in this school, and so that was it, their last day at Logo=
s.

            So as I contemplated attending a school board meeting to air my=20
grievances, I recalled my discussion with Wilson's brother and his wife --=20
their comment about being too sexy, said it all.  So why then, would I prese=
nt=20
myself to a group of arrogant, sexist men, the majority of whom voted agains=
t=20
women on the board, why would I waste my time with these scoffers, who suppo=
rted=20
the letters vilifying me, how could I ever trust even the non-Christ church=20
board members and teachers who were in denial about the abuses I reported=20
regarding my children.
 =20
             Over the last four years, when I did confront a teacher about m=
y=20
concerns, they would pretty much ignore me then immediately report it to the=
=20
top.  I felt like this was some kind of communist state, the secrecy, it=20
wasn't normal.  Even non-Christ Church board members had a blind allegiance=20=
to the=20
Wilson, a kind of reverence.  =20

       One of those men was Scott Barrie, a school board member I voted for,=
=20
a member of Evangelical Free Church, whom I talked to while discussing=20
photography at his studio in Pullman.  I initially spoke with him about how=20=
he would=20
vote at the board meeting on the issue of prohibiting women on the school=20
board shortly after I read the proposed new business in the board minutes la=
st=20
January. =20

               Although I personally like him and his wife, a favorite=20
teacher among my children, he was in complete denial when I began telling hi=
m about=20
what I found so disturbing at the school, including that I believed my=20
children had experienced abuse.  Scott seemed to be in complete denial, and=20=
after a=20
while it was obvious to me that he didn't have much of a mind of his own, an=
d=20
even worse, had no clue about birthday spankings, perhaps he was one of this=
=20
parents, like many I meant, who looked the other way when it came to anythin=
g=20
Garfield did to their children.  I don't think he was any match for Doug Wil=
son=20
and rather than have interest in what I had to say, he responded with glowin=
g=20
reports about the leadership of the school, other school board members,=20
including Wilson.  Scott left me with some scriptures (scriptures were often=
 quoted=20
to me as justification for abuse with these people)!  What he told me in all=
incerity, is that he believed the verse in Matt. 5:11,  "Blessed are you who=
=20
when persecuted,=E2=80=A6for your reward is great in heaven." =20

           Aha, that was it, now I know what keeps these people going, I=20
thought as I left Scott's downtown business.  Matt. 5:11 is probably what Wi=
lson=20
feeds to these people, that's what makes this group stronger -- they thrive=20=
on=20
what they consider persecution, not correction.

          One time at a school function, I had a chance to visit with Logos'=
=20
finance manager, Ed VanNuland.  Ed is the big money raiser for the school,=20
Wilson supporter, at one point obtaining a $50,000? Grant from Albertsons fo=
r new=20
computers at the school.  He was a former Montanan like me and his children=20
were about the same age as mine.  I happened to question him about Christ=20
Church and asked him about why the church seems so cold and rejecting of sin=
gle=20
moms.  I shared with him my own experience with attending the church, as wel=
l as=20
another mother I knew there who had received the same treatment.  A few days=
=20
later I received a sturnful letter from Tom Garfield, admonishing me not to=20
gossip, attaching me for questioning Ed about Christ Church.=20

          I found this brand of loyalty everywhere, this blind allegiance, n=
o=20
individual identities, a group think, extreme obsessiveness towards the=20
leadership in the school and on up to Wilson, what I observed over the years=
 as a=20
deepening group think with all faculty and staff that I knew, some who I kne=
w=20
feared losing their jobs, and this sort of allegiance to Christ Church, to b=
e=20
disturbing. =20

          So, for the last nine months my children and I have kept quiet.  W=
e=20
entered counseling. And then after finding out that Idaho is one of the few=20
remaining states that does not have laws on the books to protect children fr=
om=20
abuse in schools such as Logos, laws to outlaw these barbaric practices,  I=20
felt that it was unlikely that Latah County would act on my children's behal=
f.  =20
So after all these months, I couldn't resist attending the so called "public=
=20
forum" the other night to see what kind of "spin" Wilson would put out to th=
e=20
community and to go public on our experiences. =20
      =20
             While numerous cameras recorded the event, few in the media hav=
e=20
had the guts to report the ten-minute drama as I went public with my abuse=20
accusations.   When I first arrived that night, I listened a while, to the=20
charismatic leader, how he moved the crowd, made them laugh, put them at eas=
e, and=20
I thought, oh, dear God, I hope that the media doesn't fall for this. =20

       Then, after a nice "government" schoolteacher spoke, I came to the=20
microphone and presented my case.  I went immediately on the attack and said=
 that=20
I was there on behalf of the children and that I brought my evidence, a stac=
k=20
of documents and pictures, including my son, who sat behind a Logos teacher,=
=20
who kept yelling, "Make her shut-up""Get her out of here" etc, the teacher,=20
who by the way, was the one particularly glorifying the south and General Le=
e,=20
Muffy Minnich.  Were there any brave souls in the audience to support me?

            I started out with linking Christ Church doctrine to what my=20
children were taught at the school, etc., receiving answers from Wilson,=20
confronting him with the evidence, listening as he gave a lying response, th=
en Wilson's=20
group hollering.  I only got to a few of my issues out when men started=20
coming down out of the audience, one man with a gruff beard grabbed me, my m=
ike was=20
turned off, I protested I was at a public place, this was a public meeting,=20=
I=20
kept asking the crowd, "Don't you want to hear what I came here to say" and=20
that I had a right to speak, all I heard were Christ Church people yelling t=
o=20
"GET HER OUT OF HERE" etc. =20

           After confronting Wilson with, "You're just afraid of what I have=
=20
to say, I speak the truth!"   I felt like I couldn't breath and this man was=
=20
in my face, feeling all alone, thinking, my gosh, why are people afraid to=20
speak up for me, where are those who to speak out for children?  Only a few=20=
said=20
anything in my defense.  They tried to silence me, which were predictions I=20
read from several who wrote on V2020 among them, Wayne Fox.  They did exactl=
y=20
what an article about cults said, they silence their critics.  =20

       Friday, I found out which reporters and news editors were charmed by=20
this charismatic, arrogant, fat man.  Were they charmed, threatened, or just=
=20
afraid to expose the evil?  For whatever reason, the editors, chose not to=20
report my attempts to go public with evidence I had of child abuse against s=
tudents=20
at Logos/Christ Church, including my own.  I think this outrages many in=20
Moscow who caught wind of my story.  The Lewiston Tribune, whose editors Pau=
l=20
Emerson, Diane Pettit and Cathy Kessinger
axed David Johnson's story chronicling my ten-minute confrontation with=20
Wilson for what they call "legal reasons."  Is that for fear of retaliation?=
  In=20
the alternative, the Tribune painted this nice picture of this event. =20
Moscow-Pullman Daily News paid mere "lip service" to my case against the sch=
ool. =20

        I thought, this must be why these newspapers, including publisher=20
Nathan Alford, are having to resort to advertising to get subscribers!  Afte=
r=20
all, this incident was newsworthy, perhaps I should have decked the man who=20
accosted me instead of walking out quietly!   =20

       Regardless of the fact that I am a woman, since this is Idaho, I find=
=20
it irresponsible journalism, for these newspapers to refuse  to report=20
anything I have to say which could shed light on abuse of children in a loca=
l private=20
school.  I also find it unacceptable that Steve McClure would reject a story=
=20
which could help change the lives of women and children in Idaho, i.e. my=20
landmark Supreme Court case.=20

              So the posts showing the outrage at the lack of coverage, the=20
posts of encouragement and thanks, were very appreciated.  I believe that th=
ere=20
are a few of you out there who act on Edmund Burke's saying, evil will=20
triumph when good men and women do nothing, and that does includes the news=20=
media. =20
Perhaps given a different time and place, say Germany, circa 1939, you would=
=20
be the same people to speak out against the horrors of the holocaust, rescui=
ng=20
the innocent, just perhaps there are some you in Idaho, who read what=20
authorities have to say on what is considered child abuse, perhaps, you folk=
s can go=20
to sleep easier tonight, knowing your children won't grow up to be angry,=20
damaged adults after being traumatized by legalism, shaming, and corporal=20
punishment as is being done to many of the children who are sons and daughte=
rs of=20
Christ Church and Logos parents. =20

            If you are an educator or former educator from Logos, and have=20
knowledge of crimes against children and/or spousal abuse at Christ Church,=20=
I=20
must inform you that it is a Federal Crime to suppress evidence of abuse.=20

             Some have asked, so how does my state supreme court case=20
involving Domestic Violence  tie in to Logos School/Christ Church?  Easy, Lo=
gos=20
School is a cauldron, a cauldron of some dangerous ingredients mixed by outw=
ardly=20
caring, loving teacher, a dangerous mix and mindset instilled in children, t=
hat=20
men have the right to use "power and control" have the right to use physical=
=20
force and punishment towards women, women are to be subject, submissive,=20
servants.  A cauldron where Legalism is substituted for Jesus' grace.  That'=
s what=20
is so poisonous about this group.

             The diversity? After four years, the few minority students we=20
knew, left, and with the exception of Christ Church white men married to=20
submissive Asian women and their children who attended the school, I didn't=20=
see=20
"diversity".  =20

             The best education in town?  I guess despite my children gainin=
g=20
great academic achievements, I could have chosen a better school for them. =20
(There are other choices for parents. K-12.com, Montrose, Pullman Christian,=
=20
7th day Adventist school, Royal Garrison, St. Marys, and yes the public scho=
ol) =20
>From what I can tell, the parents who keep their children at Logos School,=20
subjecting them to physical punishment, who look the other way, have done so=
 to=20
alleviate their own guilt, because they do the same acts of abuse in the nam=
e=20
of "spare the rod" on their own children.

          Although I heard that about 1/4 of the student body left this last=
=20
year, Wilson keeps bringing in students from families who move to town to jo=
in=20
Christ Church. I heard they even offered some families free or reduced=20
tuition if they would stay. =20

        As a loving parent, I guess my decision is that I'd rather have an=20
emotionally and mentally healthy child, knowing that they will grow up to be=
=20
well adjusted adults because they weren't exposed to an environment of rigid=
=20
rules, governed by corporal punishment, and prevented from having free thoug=
ht and=20
creativity, than a national merit finalist who ends up in jail for beating=20
his wife, or has secret addictions to pornography hiding behind a pulpit=20
somewhere, a chronic liar, or worse yet, a leader of a cult. =20

       There is indeed a causative link between childhood abuse and that=20
includes corporal punishment and mental health problems in adults.  And for=20=
those=20
of you who disagree, your denial is alleviating your own use of it on your o=
wn=20
children and you really believe the garbage of "spare the rod".

              As a Presbyterian ministers daughter growing up in Latah=20
County, I remember when the Wilsons came to Moscow, even though I was young,=
 Jim=20
Wilson represented a true follower of Jesus to me.  It doesn't seem possible=
 that=20
Pastor Wilson could have a son, so legalistic, so phony, so intellectual, so=
=20
pharisaic and so hungry for power and possibly approval, and so worldly, as=20=
to=20
become the leader of a cult attracting followers from all over the world=20
right here in Moscow.=20

              I have been invited to speak on campus, after all, I wasn't=20
allowed to finish the other night, and the cold hard facts, documents, and=20
pictures have yet to be shared.  So I will keep you tuned.   I am a V2020 me=
mber who=20
is also well educated (sorry, I got my BA from U of W)=20

       Although I may not be as eloquent as many of you, I hope that what=20
have I said, will stir you enough to be intolerant of evil. when it comes to=
=20
speaking out against groups that abuse children.  Perhaps one of you would b=
e=20
interested in getting some legislation sponsored to outlaw corporal punishme=
nt in=20
Idaho.  (All of which I can provide for you)  =20
Thank you.=20

Ruth Drollinger  (fka Ruth Stoneman)
Pullman, WA.
Click here: Landmark Domestic Violence Case for Women & Children-Ruth=20
Drollinger, mother of four, pro se, wins 2nd big case

The legal implications of my case upon Idaho victims of abuse.=20
Click here: http://www.ncjfcj.org/dept/fvd/Publications/?ACTION=3DPUBGET&
Filename=3DSynergy_Vol7No.2.pdf=20
   Amy Smoucha writes,=20
       "Ruth did not exaggerate the importance of her case.  Legal services=20
proivders and domestic violence advocates throughout the country were=20
talking about it for months.  In addition, Ruth accomplished much by keeping=
=20
her issues before the courts, often representing herself and always being=20
extremely resourceful in getting help from legal professionals.

I am sure she will appreciate your prayers, but she also deserves our=20
sincere respect."

Amy Smoucha

For Other recent stories around the country about abuse of children in the=20
name of religion-check these out. =20
=20
TEXAS - Pastor, brother sentenced to prison in beating case=20
http://nospank.net/n-l19r.htm

TEXAS - Abusive mom will regain 6 kids http://nospank.net/n-l18r.htm

TEXAS - Preacher, Brother in Beating Face Prison,=20
http://nospank.net/n-l17r.htm

TEXAS - Boy was struck hundreds of times, doctor says,=20
http://nospank.net/n-l15r.htm

GEORGIA - Police: Parents beat daughter to death with umbrella,=20
http://nospank.net/n-l10r.htm

Post from Amy Smoucha on the significance of my case.   Amy writes,=20

I don't know if anyone has corrected this yet, Jackie (my hotmail was=20
rejecting some messages for a day), but Ruth's case IS a landmark case. =20
Here is a website that explains its importance:

http://www.ncjfcj.org/dept/fvd/Publications/?ACTION=3DPUBGET&
Filename=3DSynergy_Vol7No.2.pdf

I'm no expert on this, but I know from legal services providers throughout=20
the Northwest that the Drollinger case impacts states other than Montana=20
because we are all in the Ninth Judicial Circuit.  If I'm not mistaken,=20
litigants arguing in a state like Idaho may ask the court to take notice of=20
decisions from other states, especially in cases that involve questions of=20
jurisdiction between states and cases that consider both federal and state=20
laws, such as laws about child custody jurisdiction.

--part1_74.364f89c9.2d0f837e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Garamond" LANG=3D"0">Dear&nbsp; Visionaries,<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Last February I was c=
ontacted by <B>Vera White</B>, after winning a Landmark State Supreme Court=20=
Case, the first case in the country to test a new law which makes child cust=
ody portable for victims of abuse. (<I>The Daily's editor Steve McClure and=20=
other Idaho news editors rejected the story even though the AP ran it last F=
ebruary and it was front-page news in various papers around the country)</I>=
<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; After getting the sto=
ry on my case, Vera then asked me the question, "<I>So what else do you have=
 going on in your life?</I>"&nbsp; I said, "Well, as a matter of fact, I'm c=
ontemplating confronting this school named Logos that three of my children h=
ave been attending for the last four years." She said that no parent had com=
e forward before, and I told her that I wasn't afraid of coming forward, tha=
t I was disturbed by what my children and I had experienced.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "<I>What=20=
issues</I>?" she said?&nbsp; I told her about the school's recent "<B>women=20=
only</B>" vote on the board and how I felt that the <B>subjugation of women<=
/B> was taught there, about their bazaar five year plan for all faculty staf=
f and students to have a "<B>unified world-view</B>", also how there seemed=20=
to be <B>discrimination against minorities</B>, and they actually have this=20=
thing about <B>slavery</B>, the worst was the <B>corporal punishment </B>adm=
inistered by the Superintendent Tom Garfield and Principal Matt Whittling.&n=
bsp; <B>Spankings</B> <B>with various boards </B>over any even the most mino=
r infractions, spanking children before notifying a parent, the <B>unspoken=20=
discipline policy </B>of <B>forced waste retention</B> of children beginning=
 in the 2nd grade, and last but not least, <B>birthday spankings. </B><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Alt=
hough I wanted Vera to keep a lid on her source since I wanted my children t=
o finish out the school year peaceably, ultimately things didn't turn out th=
at way.&nbsp; However, this was not due to Vera, whom I greatly appreciate.&=
nbsp; Her column briefly mentioned what I disclosed to her, and <B>this star=
ted the furor over Christ Church, Doug Wilson, and Logos School.&nbsp; </B><=

<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tha=
t week I also met for several hours with Doug Wilson's brother and his wife,=
 because I had a hunch <B>the school was lying</B> about why they had abrupt=
ly left a year earlier.&nbsp; I was right and indeed they had been fired, th=
e school had lied about it.&nbsp;&nbsp; We had a candid discussion about eve=
rything, my concerns, and we shared openly and freely.&nbsp; I asked them if=
 I could make a difference by presenting my grievances to the school board.&=
nbsp; Their response?&nbsp; <B>They said I probably wouldn't be taken seriou=
sly, that I was too sexy.&nbsp;</B> After our meeting, and some research on=20=
my part, my suspicions about Christ Church and their relationship to the sch=
ool were confirmed.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p; I discovered a 300? pg. Lawsuit, which a former member of Christ Church f=
iled against the church.&nbsp; It turns out that what I considered evil and=20=
cultism at the school including an environment in which doctrine was indirec=
tly taught at the school, came right from the writings of Douglas Wilson and=
 his associates. Within weeks, I knew I would remove my children, and I info=
rmed the school that they would be be reenrolling.&nbsp; After <B>over $30,0=
00 of tuition</B>, fund raising for the school, I wondered if other parents=20=
would wise up. <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; But=
 first I wanted to question these people in a non-confrontational "<I>iron s=
harpening iron</I>" way.&nbsp; Within weeks after informing Logos that the c=
hildren would not be back the following year,&nbsp; parent-teacher conferenc=
es were held.&nbsp;&nbsp; I went to each of my children's three teachers-- B=
. J.&nbsp; Jordan (2nd grade teacher), Muffy Minnich, Lauri Barrie (4th grad=
e teachers), and Matt Whittling, (6th grade teacher and school principal) pr=
epared and poised.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I w=
anted some explanations as to what they were doing to my children. After Mrs=
. Jordan could not give me an explanation why she punished my child for not=20=
being able to "<B>hold it</B>" and confronting her about her friend who had=20=
<B>frequent bladder infections</B> for fear of punishment, and realizing why=
 I had to take my son to the doctor for so many years since he attended her=20=
class because he was wetting his pants for no apparent reason, the teacher t=
hrew a paper I presented her from the American Medical Association at me a p=
aper about "<B>forced waste retention</B>" and fiercely defended her positio=
n stating I was wrong, I went on to the 4th grade class taught by Muffy Minn=
ich and Lauri Barrie.&nbsp; I asked them, could you tell me why you seem to=20=
glorify the South in your studies of the civil war? And please tell me why y=
ou celebrate <B>Robert E. Lee'</B>s birthday every year and have this huge p=
icture of him overshadowing all others, fail to recognize Abraham Lincoln, a=
nd tell me why my son feels put down on a project he did against slavery?&nb=
sp; Then after Mrs. Minnich began glorifying Lee as this Godly Man, failing=20=
to answer my other questions, I went on my oldest son's teacher, Matt Whittl=
ing, writer for Wilson's Credenda, leader in Christ Church, and the principa=
l of the school, the strict military type guy with the nice friendly smile w=
ho teaches strange cultish "<B>mantras</B>" to the children at their assembl=
ies, administers corporal punishment to the children, expects even the 5 and=
 6 years olds to fall in line.&nbsp; So I asked Matt Whittling, "So why is m=
y son so disturbed that you put down women leaders in history? in particular=
 during your studies of the Salic laws?, and "Why do you moralize the studen=
ts that woman are to "serve" men (exact words from my son) and why has my so=
n been made to feel that if he and other classmates objected, he would be se=
nt to the office for a "<B>spanking</B>"??<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Each of these teacher=
s made me feel like, "<I>Gee, you're the only parent who feels this way</I>!=
" After experiencing their underlying hostility towards me and not getting a=
ny answers, I politely and quietly left.&nbsp; Shortly thereafter, the "<B>g=
ossip</B>" letter came.&nbsp; A March 31st email Tom Garfield distributed to=
 all the Logos people, and I would imagine Christ Church members, a letter d=
emonizing me, labeling me as <B>a sinner, a slanderer</B>.&nbsp; This wasn't=
 the first time Garfield had it in for me.&nbsp; Two years earlier, after my=
 son had received multiple spankings for what I considered non-offenses.&nbs=
p; I took two witnesses with me to a&nbsp; meeting with him about this abuse=
 and also questioned him about humiliating birthday spankings my children re=
ceived.&nbsp; Garfield just laughed at my concerns, and then arrogantly, in=20=
my face said, "<B><I>If you think you're going to change an 18 year traditio=
n (birthday spankings) you are wrong!&nbsp; </B></I><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; After Gar=
field's "<B>gossip</B>" email, my children immediately started experiencing=20=
torment from their classmates.&nbsp; Some of their best friends told them th=
at their parents would not let them play together anymore, oh, I remember, p=
icking my son up with tears running down his cheeks, and my usually cheerful=
, happy go lucky, 2nd grade daughter, all the while keeping the torment secr=
et.&nbsp; After my daughter began experiencing some unusual tummy aches and=20=
pains, she finally told me was happening to her at school.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It turns=20=
out that another little girl in her class would not stop calling her names,=20=
had pushed her down, and was making fun of her.&nbsp; When my daughter sough=
t relief from her teacher, asking her to "<I>Please make this girl stop bein=
g mean and calling me names"</I> Mrs. Jordan told her "<B><I>Sorry, I can't=20=
help you unless you have two witnesses, you know the rules</B></I>."&nbsp; M=
y little girl, whom I'm proud to say, then confronted her tormentor saying "=
<I>You must go to a bad church because you're so mean to me</I>" I decided t=
o keep her home from school the next day, and that turned out to be a wise d=
ecision.&nbsp; Had I taken her to school, the principal was planning on givi=
ng her <B>punishment,</B> and I'm sure this meant a <B>spanking?&nbsp;</B> I=
t turns out that the little girl is the daughter of the school board preside=
nt, a Mr. Hieronyomus.&nbsp; And <B>my daughters mention of the "church" mad=
e him furious.&nbsp;&nbsp; </B><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; That day, my so=
n was sent home with a letter, threatening me, stating that my daughter was=20=
to come to school to be punished for criticizing Christ Church.&nbsp; It was=
 then and there I decided there is no way my children can spend another day=20=
in this school, and so that was it, their last day at Logos.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; So as I c=
ontemplated attending a school board meeting to air my grievances, I recalle=
d my discussion with Wilson's brother and his wife -- their comment about be=
ing too sexy, said it all.&nbsp; So why then, would I present myself to a gr=
oup of arrogant, sexist men, the majority of whom voted against women on the=
 board, why would I waste my time with these scoffers, who supported the let=
ters vilifying me, how could I ever trust even the non-Christ church board m=
embers and teachers who were in denial about the abuses I reported regarding=
 my children.<BR>
&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ove=
r the last four years, when I did confront a teacher about my concerns, they=
 would pretty much ignore me then immediately report it to the top.&nbsp; I=20=
felt like this was some kind of communist state, the secrecy, it wasn't norm=
al.&nbsp; <B>Even non-Christ Church board members had a blind allegiance to=20=
the Wilson, a kind of reverence.&nbsp;</B>&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; One of those men was Scott Barrie, a sc=
hool board member I voted for, a member of Evangelical Free Church, whom I t=
alked to while discussing photography at his studio in Pullman.&nbsp; I init=
ially spoke with him about how he would vote at the board meeting on the iss=
ue of prohibiting women on the school board shortly after I read the propose=
d new business in the board minutes last January.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp; Although I personally like him and his wife, a favorite teacher amo=
ng my children, he was in complete denial when I began telling him about wha=
t I found so disturbing at the school, including that I believed my children=
 had experienced abuse.&nbsp; Scott seemed to be in complete denial, and aft=
er a while it was obvious to me that he didn't have much of a mind of his ow=
n, and even worse, had no clue about <B>birthday spankings</B>, perhaps he w=
as one of this parents, like many I meant, who looked the other way when it=20=
came to anything Garfield did to their children.&nbsp; I don't think he was=20=
any match for Doug Wilson and rather than have interest in what I had to say=
, he responded with glowing reports about the leadership of the school, othe=
r school board members, including Wilson.&nbsp; Scott left me with some scri=
ptures (scriptures were often quoted to me as justification for abuse with t=
hese people)!&nbsp; What he told me in all sincerity, is that he believed th=
e verse in Matt. 5:11,&nbsp; "Blessed are you who when persecuted,=E2=80=A6f=
or your reward is great in heaven."&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Aha, that was i=
t, now I know what keeps these people going, I thought as I left Scott's dow=
ntown business.&nbsp; Matt. 5:11 is probably what Wilson feeds to these peop=
le, that's what makes this group stronger -- <B>they thrive on what they con=
sider persecution, not correction.</B><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; One time at a school=20=
function, I had a chance to visit with Logos' finance manager, Ed VanNuland.=
&nbsp; Ed is the big money raiser for the school, Wilson supporter, at one p=
oint obtaining a $50,000? Grant from Albertsons for new computers at the sch=
ool.&nbsp; He was a former Montanan like me and his children were about the=20=
same age as mine.&nbsp; I happened to question him about Christ Church and a=
sked him about why the church seems so <B>cold and rejecting of single moms.=
&nbsp;</B> I shared with him my own experience with attending the church, as=
 well as another mother I knew there who had received the same treatment.&nb=
sp; A few days later I received a sturnful letter from Tom Garfield, admonis=
hing me not to gossip, attaching me for questioning Ed about Christ Church.=20=
<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I found this brand of=
 loyalty everywhere, this blind allegiance, no individual identities, a grou=
p think, extreme obsessiveness towards the leadership in the school and on u=
p to Wilson, what I observed over the years as a <B>deepening group think</B=
> with all faculty and staff that I knew, some who I knew feared losing thei=
r jobs, and this sort of allegiance to Christ Church, to be disturbing.&nbsp=
; <BR>
<BR>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; So, for the last nine months my children=20=
and I have kept quiet.&nbsp; We entered counseling. And then after finding o=
ut that <B>Idaho </B>is one of the few remaining states that does not have l=
aws on the books to protect children from abuse in schools such as Logos, la=
ws to outlaw these barbaric practices,&nbsp; I felt that it was unlikely tha=
t <B>Latah County</B> would act on my children's behalf.&nbsp;&nbsp; So afte=
r all these months, I couldn't resist attending the so called "public forum"=
 the other night to see what kind of "spin" Wilson would put out to the comm=
unity and to go public on our experiences.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Whi=
le numerous cameras recorded the event, few in the media have had the guts t=
o report the <B>ten-minute drama</B> as I went public with my abuse accusati=
ons.&nbsp;&nbsp; When I first arrived that night, I listened a while, to the=
 charismatic leader, how he moved the crowd, made them laugh, put them at ea=
se, and I thought, oh, dear God, I hope that the media doesn't fall for this=
.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Then, after a nice "government" schoolt=
eacher spoke, I came to the microphone and presented my case.&nbsp; <B>I wen=
t immediately on the attack </B>and said that I was there on behalf of the c=
hildren and that I brought my evidence, a stack of documents and pictures, i=
ncluding my son, who sat behind a Logos teacher, who kept yelling, "<B>Make=20=
her shut-up</B>""<B>Get her out of here</B>" etc, the teacher, who by the wa=
y, was the one particularly glorifying the south and General Lee, Muffy Minn=
ich.&nbsp; Were there any brave souls in the audience to support me?<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I started=
 out with linking Christ Church doctrine to what my children were taught at=20=
the school, etc., receiving answers from Wilson, confronting him with the ev=
idence, listening as he gave a lying response, then Wilson's group hollering=
.&nbsp; <B>I only got to a few of my issues out when men started coming down=
 out of the audience,</B> one man with a gruff beard grabbed me, <B>my mike=20=
was turned off,</B> I protested I was at a public place, this was a public m=
eeting, I kept asking the crowd, "<I>Don't you want to hear what I came here=
 to say</I>" and that I had a right to speak, all I heard were Christ Church=
 people yelling to "GET HER OUT OF HERE" etc.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; After confronti=
ng Wilson with, "<I>You're just afraid of what I have to say, I speak the tr=
uth!"&nbsp;</I>&nbsp; I felt like I couldn't breath and this man was in my f=
ace, feeling all alone, thinking, my gosh, why are people afraid to speak up=
 for me, where are those who to speak out for children?&nbsp; Only a few sai=
d anything in my defense.&nbsp; They tried to silence me, which were predict=
ions I read from several who wrote on V2020 among them, Wayne Fox.&nbsp; The=
y did exactly what an article about cults said, they silence their critics.&=
nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Friday, <B>I found out which reporters=20=
and news editors were charmed by this charismatic, arrogant, fat man.</B>&nb=
sp; Were they charmed, threatened, or just afraid to expose the evil?&nbsp;=20=
For whatever reason, the editors, chose not to report my attempts to go publ=
ic with evidence I had of child abuse against students at Logos/Christ Churc=
h, including my own.&nbsp; I think this outrages many in Moscow who caught w=
ind of my story.&nbsp; The Lewiston Tribune, whose editors Paul Emerson, Dia=
ne Pettit and Cathy Kessinger</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff=
" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSER=
IF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Garamond" LANG=3D"0">=
axed David Johnson's story chronicling my ten-minute confrontation with Wils=
on for what they call "legal reasons."&nbsp; Is that for fear of retaliation=
?&nbsp; In the alternative, the Tribune painted this nice picture of this ev=
ent.&nbsp; <B>Moscow-Pullman Daily News</B> paid mere "lip service" to my ca=
se against the school.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I thought, <B>this must be why th=
ese newspapers, including publisher Nathan Alford, are having to resort to a=
dvertising to get subscribers!&nbsp;</B> After all, this incident was newswo=
rthy, perhaps I should have decked the man who accosted me instead of walkin=
g out quietly!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Regardless of the fact that I am a woma=
n, since this is Idaho, I find it irresponsible journalism, for these newspa=
pers to refuse&nbsp; to report anything I have to say which could shed light=
 on abuse of children in a local private school.&nbsp; I also find it unacce=
ptable that <B>Steve McClure</B> would reject a story which could help chang=
e the lives of women and children in Idaho, i.e. my landmark Supreme Court c=
ase. <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p; So the posts showing the outrage at the lack of coverage, the posts of en=
couragement and thanks, were very appreciated.&nbsp; I believe that there ar=
e a few of you out there who act on Edmund Burke's saying, <B>evil will triu=
mph when good men and women do nothing, and that does includes the news medi=
a.&nbsp;</B> Perhaps given a different time and place, say Germany, circa 19=
39, you would be the same people to speak out against the horrors of the hol=
ocaust, rescuing the innocent, just perhaps there are some you in <B>Idaho,=20=
</B>who read what authorities have to say on what is considered child abuse,=
 perhaps, you folks can go to sleep easier tonight, knowing your children wo=
n't grow up to be angry, damaged adults after being traumatized by legalism,=
 shaming, and corporal punishment as is being done to many of the children w=
ho are sons and daughters of Christ Church and Logos parents.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If you ar=
e an educator or former educator from Logos, and have knowledge of crimes ag=
ainst children and/or spousal abuse at Christ Church, I must inform you that=
 it is a <B>Federal Crime </B>to suppress evidence of abuse. <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Som=
e have asked, so how does my state supreme court case involving <B>Domestic=20=
Violence</B>&nbsp; tie in to Logos School/Christ Church?&nbsp; Easy, Logos S=
chool is a cauldron, a cauldron of some dangerous ingredients mixed by outwa=
rdly caring, loving teacher, a dangerous mix and mindset instilled in childr=
en, that men have the right to use "power and control" have the right to use=
 <B>physical force</B> and <B>punishment </B>towards women, <B>women are to=20=
be subject, submissive, servants</B>.&nbsp; A cauldron where <B>Legalism</B>=
 is substituted for Jesus' grace.&nbsp; That's what is so poisonous about th=
is group.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <B>=
The diversity?</B> After four years, the few minority students we knew, left=
, and with the exception of Christ Church white men married to submissive As=
ian women and their children who attended the school, I didn't see "diversit=
y".&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <B>=
The best education in town</B>?&nbsp; I guess despite my children gaining gr=
eat academic achievements, I could have chosen a better school for them.&nbs=
p; (There are other choices for parents. K-12.com, Montrose, Pullman Christi=
an, 7th day Adventist school, Royal Garrison, St. Marys, and yes the public=20=
school)&nbsp; From what I can tell, the parents who keep their children at L=
ogos School, subjecting them to <B>physical punishment</B>, who look the oth=
er way, have done so to alleviate their own guilt, because they do the same=20=
acts of abuse in the name of "<B>spare the rod</B>" on their own children.<B=

<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Although I heard that=
 about 1/4 of the student body left this last year, Wilson keeps bringing in=
 students from families who move to town to join Christ Church. I heard they=
 even offered some families free or reduced tuition if they would stay.&nbsp=
; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As a loving parent, I guess my de=
cision is that I'd rather have an emotionally and mentally healthy child, kn=
owing that they will grow up to be well adjusted adults because they weren't=
 exposed to an environment of rigid rules, governed by corporal punishment,=20=
and prevented from having free thought and creativity, than a national merit=
 finalist who ends up in jail for beating his wife, or has secret addictions=
 to pornography hiding behind a pulpit somewhere, a chronic liar, or worse y=
et, a leader of a cult.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; There is indeed a causative link betwee=
n childhood abuse and that includes <B>corporal punishment</B> and <B>mental=
 health</B> problems in adults.&nbsp; And for those of you who disagree, you=
r denial is alleviating your own use of it on your own children and you real=
ly believe the garbage of "spare the rod".<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p; As a Presbyterian <B>ministers daughter</B> growing up in Latah County, I=
 remember when the Wilsons came to Moscow, even though I was young, Jim Wils=
on represented a true follower of Jesus to me.&nbsp; It doesn't seem possibl=
e that Pastor Wilson could have a son, so legalistic, so phony, so intellect=
ual, so pharisaic and so hungry for power and possibly approval, and so worl=
dly, as to become the leader of a cult attracting followers from all over th=
e world right here in Moscow. <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p; I have been invited to speak on campus, after all, I wasn't allowed to fi=
nish the other night, and the cold hard facts, documents, and pictures have=20=
yet to be shared.&nbsp; So I will keep you tuned.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am a V2020 m=
ember who is also well educated (sorry, I got my BA from U of W) <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Although I may not be as eloquent as ma=
ny of you, I hope that what have I said, will stir you enough to be <B>intol=
erant of evil</B>. when it comes to speaking out against groups that abuse c=
hildren.&nbsp; Perhaps one of you would be interested in getting some legisl=
ation sponsored to outlaw <B>corporal punishment </B>in Idaho.&nbsp; (All of=
 which I can provide for you)&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Thank you. <BR>
<BR>
Ruth Drollinger&nbsp; (fka Ruth Stoneman)<BR>
Pullman, WA.<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0000ff" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><A HREF=3D"http://www.valuachild.com/">Click here: Landmark Domestic Violen=
ce Case for Women &amp; Children-Ruth Drollinger, mother of four, pro se, wi=
ns 2nd big case</A><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Garamond" LANG=3D"0">=
<BR>
The legal implications of my case upon Idaho victims of abuse. <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0000ff" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><A HREF=3D"http://www.ncjfcj.org/dept/fvd/Publications/?ACTION=3DPUBGET&Fil=
ename=3DSynergy_Vol7No.2.pdf">Click here: http://www.ncjfcj.org/dept/fvd/Pub=
lications/?ACTION=3DPUBGET&amp;Filename=3DSynergy_Vol7No.2.pdf</A> <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Amy Smoucha writes, <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Ruth did not exaggerate the importance=
 of her case.&nbsp; Legal services <BR>
proivders and domestic violence advocates throughout the country were <BR>
talking about it for months.&nbsp; In addition, Ruth accomplished much by ke=
eping <BR>
her issues before the courts, often representing herself and always being <B=

extremely resourceful in getting help from legal professionals.<BR>
<BR>
I am sure she will appreciate your prayers, but she also deserves our <BR>
sincere respect."<BR>
<BR>
Amy Smoucha</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGRO=
UND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Garamond"=20=
LANG=3D"0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
For Other recent stories around the country about abuse of children in the n=
ame of religion-check these out.&nbsp; <BR>
 <BR>
TEXAS - Pastor, brother sentenced to prison in beating case <A HREF=3D"http:=
//nospank.net/n-l19r.htm">http://nospank.net/n-l19r.htm</A><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Garamond" LANG=3D"0">=
<BR>
TEXAS - Abusive mom will regain 6 kids <A HREF=3D"http://nospank.net/n-l18r.=
htm">http://nospank.net/n-l18r.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
TEXAS - Preacher, Brother in Beating Face Prison, <A HREF=3D"http://nospank.=
net/n-l17r.htm">http://nospank.net/n-l17r.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
TEXAS - Boy was struck hundreds of times, doctor says, <A HREF=3D"http://nos=
pank.net/n-l15r.htm">http://nospank.net/n-l15r.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
GEORGIA - Police: Parents beat daughter to death with umbrella, <A HREF=3D"h=
ttp://nospank.net/n-l10r.htm">http://nospank.net/n-l10r.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
<B><U>Post from Amy Smoucha on the significance of my case.</U>&nbsp;</B>&nb=
sp; Amy writes, <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Garamond" LANG=3D"0">=
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
>I don't know if anyone has corrected this yet, Jackie (my hotmail was <BR>
rejecting some messages for a day), but Ruth's case IS a landmark case.&nbsp=
; <BR>
Here is a website that explains its importance:<BR>
<BR>
http://www.ncjfcj.org/dept/fvd/Publications/?ACTION=3DPUBGET&amp;Filename=
=3DSynergy_Vol7No.2.pdf<BR>
<BR>
I'm no expert on this, but I know from legal services providers throughout <=

the Northwest that the Drollinger case impacts states other than Montana <BR=

because we are all in the Ninth Judicial Circuit.&nbsp; If I'm not mistaken,=
 <BR>
litigants arguing in a state like Idaho may ask the court to take notice of=20=
<BR>
decisions from other states, especially in cases that involve questions of <=

jurisdiction between states and cases that consider both federal and state <=

laws, such as laws about child custody jurisdiction.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_74.364f89c9.2d0f837e_boundary--