[Vision2020] Apathetic Liberals

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:58:37 EST

-------------------------------1071381517

Dale, Ruth, All,

Dale, I wish I had been able to meet you as well. I would love to discuss
some of your thoughts and concerns about our school system.

The fact that I have been attacked by Ruth from the Left and Dale from the
Right, I think shows that my view was pretty balanced.

I think what Ruth had to say was very important and needs to be heard. I also
think that she should have done it in that forum. However, I think she did it
incorrectly. Ruth's points are valid, and should be of great concern for all
of us.

To me the issue is not "if" Logos is connected to Christ Church or not. I
think both sides on this issue lost the interest of the presentation when Ruth
tried to establish that connection in an "absolute" and formal way. Anyone that
has a brain knows that there is a clear connection between Christ Church and
other conservative Judo-Christian Churches on the Palouse and Logos. Mr. Wilson
had, before Ruth's arrival, just told the entire audience that he supported
Logos and wanted any revenues for public schools to stop. I think that was a
clear enough connection between that of Christ Church and Logos. Mr. Wilson also
use to teach at Logos if I am not mistaken.

Instead, of approaching the situation the way that Ruth had I would have done
the following:

I would ask if Mr. Wilson Supported Logos over that of the (Government)
Public Schools. He would have responded in the affirmative.

Next, I would ask him if he felt that if a School was being physically or
emotionally abusive to children that all those responsible for the abuse should
be fired and tried for their crimes?

Obviously, Mr. Wilson would respond in the affirmative.

Then, I would pull out documentation quoting that of various medical and
psychological doctors describing the mental anguish and/or possible physical
damage that my children endured as a cause of attending Logos.

Next, I would ask Mr. Wilson if he knew of any such evidence presented on
children that attended public schools.

I think after this the audience would have been more receptive and Ruth could
bring up some other problems facing Logos.

That is the way I would have done it. Rather than starting off accusing Mr.
Wilson of personally being responsible for the torment of her children, she
should have simply of challenged him on the point of his support of it over that
of public education in Moscow.

Any REAL Christian would not support an abusive school over that of a
non-abusive one even if the abusive school had good documentation of being better
academically.

Just my thoughts on the issue. But I do not condone the mob like mentality of
many of the people in the audience towards Ruth, it was inappropriate, and
may prevent others from standing against child abuse in the future. it was not
one of Moscow's more distinguishing moments.

Donovan

-------------------------------1071381517

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Dale, Ruth, All,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dale, I wish I had been able to meet you as well. I would love to discu=
ss some of your thoughts and concerns about our school system.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The fact that I have been attacked by Ruth from the Left and Dale from=20=
the Right, I think shows that my view was pretty balanced. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think what Ruth had to say was very important and needs to be heard.=20=
I also think that she should have done it in that forum. However, I think sh=
e did it incorrectly. Ruth's points are valid, and should be of great concer=
n for all of us.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>To me the issue is not "if" Logos is connected to Christ Church or not.=
 I think both sides on this issue lost the interest of the presentation when=
 Ruth tried to establish that connection in an "absolute" and formal way. An=
yone that has a brain knows that there is a clear connection between Christ=20=
Church and other conservative Judo-Christian Churches on the Palouse and Log=
os. Mr. Wilson had, before Ruth's arrival, just told the entire audience tha=
t he supported Logos and wanted any revenues for public schools to stop. I t=
hink that was a clear enough connection between that of Christ Church and Lo=
gos. Mr. Wilson also use to teach at Logos if I am not mistaken.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Instead, of approaching the situation the way that Ruth had I would hav=
e done the following:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would ask if Mr. Wilson Supported&nbsp;Logos over that of the (Govern=
ment) Public Schools. He would have responded in the affirmative.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Next, I would ask him if he felt that if a School was being physically=20=
or emotionally abusive to children that all those responsible for the abuse=20=
should be fired and tried for their crimes?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Obviously, Mr. Wilson would respond in the affirmative.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Then, I would pull out documentation quoting that of various medical an=
d psychological doctors describing the mental anguish and/or possible physic=
al damage&nbsp;that my children endured as a cause of attending Logos.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Next, I would ask Mr. Wilson if he knew of any such evidence presented=20=
on children that attended public schools.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think after this the audience would have been more receptive and Ruth=
 could bring up some other problems facing Logos.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>That is the way I would have done it. Rather than starting off accusing=
 Mr. Wilson of personally being responsible for the torment of her children,=
 she should have simply of challenged him on the point of his support of it=20=
over that of public education in Moscow.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any REAL Christian would not support an abusive school over that of a n=
on-abusive one even if the abusive school had good documentation of being be=
tter academically.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just my thoughts on the issue. But I do not condone the mob like mental=
ity of many of the people in the audience towards Ruth, it was inappropriate=
, and may prevent others from standing against child abuse in the future. it=
 was not one of Moscow's more distinguishing moments.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>