[Vision2020] I condemn vandalism and intellectual dishonesty

Nicholas Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:30:41 -0800

I posted this from my AOL account and now realized that the Vision does not recognize unregistered e-mail addresses.  Sorry for the delay.

I do want a blow by blow from Doug's meeting.  Anyone willing to give me one?

Dear Visionaries,

As a new subscriber to Vision 2020, I want to say how much I've enjoyed most of the discussion so far.  I was reluctant to join in at first because I thought that I would be totally consumed.  I have not (yet), so I will stay tuned.

I want to join all those who have condemned the vandalism against NSA and Zume.  That is obviously not the correct way to solve our differences.  I hope that those responsible will soon wise up.

I'm out of town until Dec. 21, so I won't be there for the Town Meeting.  As most of you know, I've already submitted my questions to Wilson and I've taken his responses straight, and I hope that you will hold him to them.  Those who live by the flip [pant remark] must die by the flip.

Steve Wilkins' letter solves nothing in my mind.  Both he and Wilson have a great knack for not addressing the main issue. They have co-authored a booklet that clearly supports racial slavery.  Even if their congregations were completely yellow, brown, and black, that would still not absolved them of the clear meaning of their infamous text and effect that it must have on the descendants of Southern slaves and the efforts of millions of Americans to overcome the tragedy of our racist past.

I would like Wilson to begin the meeting with an explanation about where he differs with the notorious R. L. Dabney and why Wilkins runs an institute devoted to a study of his thought.

I wish I could be there to witness the event and make sure that Wilson answers all questions straight and true.

Nick Gier