[Vision2020] emancipation ed

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:31:12 GMT

If you had read some earlier posts, you would know who Ed Sebesta is, Josh.

Marry Christmas,

> Dear Visionaries:
>
> who is this guy Edward Sebesta, aka Emancipation Ed? Why is he filling the
listserve with
emails of his "research" (where he gets his time, I don't know. I think perhaps
he needs a
real job... :) and his thoughts on Moscow issues and debates? I haven't been
paying much
attention until today of the listserve stuff, but this guy is all over the
place. Besides,
whether Neo-Confederacy is present anywhere in Moscow or not, this guy wants to
define it
as:

> fear mongering about immigration... hostility to gay rights... U.S. Senator
Trent Lott...
Strom Thurmond... opposition to civil rights for minorities and women...
censorship... a
"Christian" nation... the American Renaissance organization led by Southern
League member
Jared Taylor... hostility to taxes and big government... (off his self-filled
website
"temple of democracy"
ttp://www.templeofdemocracy.com/WhyfightNeoConfederacy.htm)

> A recent poll found that 60% of Americans did not like the idea of legalizing
gay
"marriage." So is 60% of America Neoconfederate? Many people in government are
afraid of
the possible problems that might arise if immigration is not stemmed in some
way (I
personally am all for immigration, its good for the economy), are they all
Neoconfederates? I think that heavily erotic material should be kept off the
national
channels accessible to every individual. Am I therefore an Neoconfederate for
supporting
some form of censorship? Also, nearly every Founding Father of this great
nation of ours
believed in God, the Christian God. They also predominantly wanted America to
be a Free
and Christian nation. So they were all Neoconfederates too... And Emancipation
Ed would
have us believe that every person that ever objected to big government or
increased taxes
for whatever reason is a Neoconfederate. So there goes Seattle for objecting to
the Latte
tax... I think Emancipation Ed ought t!
>  o move
>  there to continue his self-focused movement. Read his website. Read his
Blogg. See how he
is continually on the lookout for yet another place where he is mentioned by
Somebody,
even if he really wasn't but claims he was
(http://www.templeofdemocracy.com/Resume.htm
under "Articles unacknowledged as contributor", five citations) or if he was
under the
"anonymous" contribution section...
(http://www.templeofdemocracy.com/Resume.htm under
"Books where listed as contributor", #1). Ed Sebesta talks about how he isn't a
mind
reader but just watches what people do. So I did so. I read his blogg. Looked
at his
resume. And it seems to me he is one of those who has no focus in life unless
there is
controversy to be stirred up or blown on with all the excess lungpower
available. And he
paints with a broad brush the size of Texas.

> I don't want a discussion with everyone, or even individuals. You guys all
play the same
radio station anyhow, no matter how much diversity you claim. I am merely
making a general
comment on this Emancipation Ed that probably can't find Idaho on a map but
found our
listserve while googling for controversy to inject himself into.