[Vision2020] Fwd: arcticle on "Confederate Christianity"

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:38:47 -0800

Steve Wilkins, forwarded by his good friend Doug Wilson, wrote:
"We are all quite happy with Biblical Christianity which embraces all
peoples, tongues, tribes, and nations, and we have all devoted our lives to
defending and promoting this faith.  Unlike modern liberalism which condemns
and excludes those who differ from their accepted "orthodoxy," Biblical
Christianity breaks down barriers and is the sworn enemy of all
self-righteousness. We will even call racists to repent and welcome the
penitent into our fellowship with open arms!"

And that, it seems to me, is the rub:  "Whatever your sin, repent and come
into our Real fold, which *we* call Biblical Christianity (never mind that
others think they believe in Biblical Christianity -- they are wrong).
Anything short of that, and you're wrong and doomed.  As long as you agree
with *our* interpretation of Biblical Christianity, it's all good; anything
short of that, and you're fair game.  After all, it's part of our mission to
save sinners (those who don't agree with our One True "orthodoxy") from
themselves."

Sounds to me like it's Mr. Wilkins who is hopelessly confused:  it's NOT
"modern liberalism which condemns and excludes those who differ," but his
particular flavor of "Biblical Christianity."

FWIW,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.