[Vision2020] Christophobic

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:20:28 -0800

Mike says:
>Actually Saint Joan
>
>You would be correct, if Doug were representing Doug. But Doug keeps
>pointing at the Bible. He keeps saying, "God says...." He keeps pointing
>out
>that Christ is God and that Jesus died for the sins of his people . . . The
>folks on Vision 2020 who are upset with Doug, are not because he
>is Doug, but because he keeps saying, God is God and we are not.

Not content with ordination, the papacy, and sainthood, I am spurred to seek
ever greater heights of spiritual enlightenment and supernatural experience.
  Consequently, I’m now channeling for Mahatma Ghandi, Emma Goldman, and the
eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu.  If you take issue with me, Mike Lawyer,
then it’s because you are GhandiGoldmanVishnuphobic, and I’d rather you
weren’t, as I don’t want to have to type that again.

It’s nice that Doug believes he’s speaking for Christ.  It’s nice that you
believe that Doug is speaking for Christ.  It’s too bad that Christ isn’t
around so that we can ask him if that’s what he wants, but there it is.
When our prophets are no longer physically incarnate, well . . .  it’s like
that scene in Monty Python’s Life of Brian.  Follow the holy sandal!  No!
Take off one your own sandals!  No!  Follow this lamp!

You see my point.  If Wayne doesn’t accept that Doug is speaking for Christ,
then Wayne is not Christophobic.  Neither, for that matter, are any of the
rest of us.  We're arguing with a man, not with God.  Get it?  Easy peasy
lemon squeezy, as Nigel Powers would say.

Yeah, baby, yeah,

Om Joan

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
FREE McAfee online computer scan!