[Vision2020] New Topic: U of I Health Benefits?

Bill Strand strand@pacsim.com
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 19:02:28 -0800

Hi Saundra,

In August of this year, I posted here at Vision2020 regarding several of
these changes. It is a pretty significant increase for our family also.
It will cost us an extra $2000 this year. No caps on out of pocket drug
costs are just one example. We have also had problems with errors on
benefits. I paid the deductible three times (each time having to argue
to be reimbursed).

However, what aggravated me the most was using our tax dollars to
encourage the purchase of medications from Beaverton Oregon rather than
through local pharmacies.

Last year, I read that >70% of major US companies would be expecting
their employees to contribute more towards their health care. We are
seeing that up close and personal.

Bill Strand