[Vision2020] Was that the flier?

bill london london@moscow.com
Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:29:20 -0800

--------------080501000606080708030401

Sunil-
This is not the best evidence, since I never saw the original flyer, but
I shared the copy (that I emailed to V2020) with several people who did
see the original flyer.
Yes, they agreed.  It's legit.
BL

Sunil Ramalingam wrote:

> [...]
> benevolent creator figure. And contradicting scientific >evidence
> while clinging to words written some 4,000 years ago really speaks >to
> the practice of gaining new knowledge. > >Yeah, the Church has a clear
> market on beauty, play, the arts and laughter, >too. Why, the whole
> ceremony of the Mass and the foundation of modern >Christian worship
> services is pretty theatrical -- never mind that the >ceremonies were
> culled from ancient pagan rites, cannibalism and all. And >laughter?
> Well, I laughed pretty hard when I read this ad. Score one for >you,
> Christ Church! > >Let's ignore for a moment that the most vile and
> heinous acts and >organizations of racial bigotry were founded in
> Christian dogma (the >Crusades, the Ku Klux Klan, American slavery,
> the World Church of the >Creator, the Nazi party) and think on the
> REAL message: that those of us who >view racism and violence as a
> secular problem are obviously suspect. We >should definitely hearken
> back to the peaceful, violence-free days depicted >in the Bible, when
> adulterers were stoned to death by angry mobs and a young >man
> practicing civil disobedience was beaten and put to death in perhaps
> the >most brutal and painful way ever known to man. And remember:
> "Whosoever >looks at another woman with lust in his heart has already
> committed >adultery" -- so we'd better start picking out nice,
> baseball-sized rocks to >have at the ready. > >And secular programs
> simply do not exist that drive home the ancient >Christian message of
> loving one's neighbor as oneself or forgiving your >enemy or feeding
> the hungry, nursing the sick and clothing the naked. We >don't have
> public education, secular homeless shelters, public food banks,
> >clothing drives on government property or any of the other things
> Jesus >asked us to do. > >True, I have drifted rather heavily into
> sarcasm here. But I look to the >closing paragraph of the Christ
> Church ad: "Always be suspicious of >Darwinists bearing such dogmatic
> absolutes. It's oxymoronic. It's >hypocritical." Change "Darwinist" to
> "fundamentalist Christian" and we are >in full agreement. > >I may
> just be a poor Catholic boy from the city, but I know how to recognize
> >horse manure when I smell it. > >ROB >
> >_____________________________________________________ > List services
> made available by First Step Internet, > serving the communities of
> the Palouse since 1994. > http://www.fsr.net >
> mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
> >ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

> Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a
> FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!
> <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2755??PS=>
> _____________________________________________________ List services
> made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities of the
> Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ .

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Sunil-<br>
This is not the best evidence, since I never saw the original flyer,
but I shared the copy (that I emailed to V2020) with several people who
did see the original flyer.<br>
Yes, they agreed.&nbsp; It's legit.<br>
BL<br>
Sunil Ramalingam wrote:<br>
 cite="midLAW10-F116L1c00goZo0000effe@hotmail.com">
anyone verify if that was indeed the flyer&nbsp; that led to the original
article in the Daily News?&nbsp; If it was, what were the inaccuracies it
allegedly contained?</p>
&gt;From: Rob Keenan <BENJAMIN_BARKER @hotmail.com="">
  </BENJAMIN_BARKER>&gt;To: <VISION2020 @moscow.com="">
  </VISION2020>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] Christ Church ad &gt;Date:
Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:35:10 -0800 &gt; &gt;Egad. I opened up today's copy
of The Daily Evergreen and found this ad &gt;placed by Christ Church
titled "It's Not About Slavery. It's About Silencing &gt;Dissent." &gt;
&gt;Pardon me while I slip into my galoshes so I can wade through this
[term &gt;censored]. Among other things, in a section entitled "The
Charade of &gt;Diversity," Christ Church claims "the real issues" are
these: &gt; &gt;- why secularism can only fake tolerance, diversity,
and inclusion, &gt;- why secularism undermines rationality and
knowledge, &gt;- why secularism guts beauty, play, the arts, and
laughter, &gt;- why secularism inherently encourages racism and
violence, &gt;- why secularism has to hate the ancient Christian
message. &gt; &gt;So Christianity has a long, unbroken string of
practicing tolerance, &gt;diversity, and inclusion, eh? Tolerance like
the Salem witch trials of 1692? &gt;Or like the Crusades? Or the
Inquisition? Or the Holocaust? Or "Christian &gt;identity" groups? Or
*gasp* enslaving African blacks in the ante-bellum &gt;South? &gt;
&gt;And rationality and knowledge -- wow. It's certainly rational to
accept two &gt;contradictory creation stories as absolute fact rather
than a moral allegory &gt;about a good and benevolent creator figure.
And contradicting scientific &gt;evidence while clinging to words
written some 4,000 years ago really speaks &gt;to the practice of
gaining new knowledge. &gt; &gt;Yeah, the Church has a clear market on
beauty, play, the arts and laughter, &gt;too. Why, the whole ceremony
of the Mass and the foundation of modern &gt;Christian worship services
is pretty theatrical -- never mind that the &gt;ceremonies were culled
from ancient pagan rites, cannibalism and all. And &gt;laughter? Well,
I laughed pretty hard when I read this ad. Score one for &gt;you,
Christ Church! &gt; &gt;Let's ignore for a moment that the most vile
and heinous acts and &gt;organizations of racial bigotry were founded
in Christian dogma (the &gt;Crusades, the Ku Klux Klan, American
slavery, the World Church of the &gt;Creator, the Nazi party) and think
on the REAL message: that those of us who &gt;view racism and violence
as a secular problem are obviously suspect. We &gt;should definitely
hearken back to the peaceful, violence-free days depicted &gt;in the
Bible, when adulterers were stoned to death by angry mobs and a young
&gt;man practicing civil disobedience was beaten and put to death in
perhaps the &gt;most brutal and painful way ever known to man. And
remember: "Whosoever &gt;looks at another woman with lust in his heart
has already committed &gt;adultery" -- so we'd better start picking out
nice, baseball-sized rocks to &gt;have at the ready. &gt; &gt;And
secular programs simply do not exist that drive home the ancient
&gt;Christian message of loving one's neighbor as oneself or forgiving
your &gt;enemy or feeding the hungry, nursing the sick and clothing the
naked. We &gt;don't have public education, secular homeless shelters,
public food banks, &gt;clothing drives on government property or any of
the other things Jesus &gt;asked us to do. &gt; &gt;True, I have
drifted rather heavily into sarcasm here. But I look to the &gt;closing
paragraph of the Christ Church ad: "Always be suspicious of
&gt;Darwinists bearing such dogmatic absolutes. It's oxymoronic. It's
&gt;hypocritical." Change "Darwinist" to "fundamentalist Christian" and
we are &gt;in full agreement. &gt; &gt;I may just be a poor Catholic
boy from the city, but I know how to recognize &gt;horse manure when I
smell it. &gt; &gt;ROB &gt;
&gt;_____________________________________________________ &gt; List
services made available by First Step Internet, &gt; serving the
communities of the Palouse since 1994. &gt; <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.fsr.net">http://www.fsr.net</a> &gt;
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com">mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com</a>
&gt;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr;&macr; </div>
  <hr> <a href="http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2755??PS=">Has one of the
new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a FREE online
computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!</a>
Palouse since 1994. <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.fsr.net">http://www.fsr.net</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com">mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com</a>
.

--------------080501000606080708030401--