[Vision2020] Doug Wilson's Can of Worms

Douglas Stambler christreigns_moscow@yahoo.com
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:43:39 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1182992004-1061916219=:65638

Okay: Charlie Nolan is most likely the person who is posting as Thomas Bartnick.  Charlie Nolan was once Doug Wilson's personal publisher, until he left the church and claimed that Doug Wilson was engaged in all sorts of crimes.

Anyway, here is printed one of the links from "Thomas Bartnick's" earlier post that John Moss got so flustered and heated about.

Note that Doug Wilson's followers PRINTED ON THEIR FLYER THAT THE UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO ENGLISH DEPARTMENT was sponsoring this phony event.  Apparently from this little article, New Saint Andrews/Logos School students were involved in a mean prank that COULD HAVE GOTTEN DOUG WILSON into legal problems (if he weren't so involved in buddying up to the Latah County sheriff so much...).

When I posted a mockery of Doug Wilson on the forum, I signed it Douglas - my name is Douglas!  Most people knew it was me, and I have admitted as such.

BUT DOUG WILSON CONTINUALLY AND ILLEGALLY UNDERMINES INSTITUTIONS IN MOSCOW THAT ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT WITH HIS OWN FORM OF INDOCTRINATION.

so, here it is, from the credenda (note, the author of this piece EVEN TRIES TO JUSTIFY what he did and promoted with BIBLE SCRIPTURE.):

http://www.credenda.org/issues/11-3meander.php

By the time you receive this, our local police will probably have forgotten all about it, so a little bragging is now safe, and perhaps it is even in order. But first some background. Our local city council, through a series of ridiculous circumstances, decided to quit restricting female toplessness. The noble senior editor of this journal, encouraged by some winks and nudges from me, not that he needed any, made up a flyer which announced a topless and proud lecture series by topless feminist scholars. The titles of the talks were the typical postmodern hoohah-"Topless Shadows: A Personal Narrative," "Destabilizing the Topless/Bottomless Duality," "Breasts as Embodied Intuitions," you get the drift. Some of our stalwart young Christian men, majoring in Christian culture and skylarking, papered the university with these flyers, and the next morning a bunch of them were faxed all over campus. Now you know that we live in sad days, days when satire is increasingly difficult, a!
 nd almost
 impossible. The radio station announced the lectures all day, an instructor out of the women's center announced the lectures to a class, and the English department (listed on the flyer as sponsor) called the announced location to find out if they were in fact going on.
Well, some authorities at the University of Idaho went sideways, and had the cops out looking for the culprits. When they demanded to see the film from the security cameras at Kinko's (whence the faxes had been sent), our noble editor contacted the established authorities (Rom. 13), who told him it wasn't funny. He responded that on the contrary it was, and the next day gave out a press release on how the university was trying to repress the true, the good and the lovely.

Needless to say, lots of people showed up for the non-event, and all this happened on April 1. All in all, it was a bad day for the tight-lipped fundamentalists of the left.

--0-1182992004-1061916219=:65638

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Okay: Charlie Nolan is most likely the person who is posting as Thomas Bartnick.&nbsp; Charlie Nolan was once Doug Wilson's personal publisher, until he left the church and claimed that Doug Wilson was engaged in all sorts of crimes.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anyway, here is printed one of the links from "Thomas Bartnick's" earlier post that John Moss got so flustered and heated about.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Note that Doug Wilson's followers PRINTED ON THEIR FLYER THAT THE UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO ENGLISH DEPARTMENT was sponsoring this phony event.&nbsp; Apparently from this little article, New Saint Andrews/Logos School students were involved in a mean prank that COULD HAVE GOTTEN DOUG WILSON into legal problems (if he weren't so involved in buddying up to the Latah County sheriff so much...).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>When I posted a mockery of Doug Wilson on the forum, I signed it Douglas - my name is Douglas!&nbsp; Most people knew it was me, and I have admitted as such.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>BUT DOUG WILSON CONTINUALLY AND ILLEGALLY UNDERMINES INSTITUTIONS IN MOSCOW THAT ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT WITH HIS OWN FORM OF INDOCTRINATION.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>so, here it is, from the credenda (note, the author of this piece EVEN TRIES TO JUSTIFY what he did and promoted with BIBLE SCRIPTURE.):</DIV>
<DIV>***********************************************************************************************</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.credenda.org/issues/11-3meander.php">http://www.credenda.org/issues/11-3meander.php</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>By the time you receive this, our local police will probably have forgotten all about it, so a little bragging is now safe, and perhaps it is even in order. But first some background. Our local city council, through a series of ridiculous circumstances, decided to quit restricting female toplessness. The noble senior editor of this journal, encouraged by some winks and nudges from me, not that he needed any, made up a flyer which announced a topless and proud lecture series by topless feminist scholars. The titles of the talks were the typical postmodern hoohah-"Topless Shadows: A Personal Narrative," "Destabilizing the Topless/Bottomless Duality," "Breasts as Embodied Intuitions," you get the drift. Some of our stalwart young Christian men, majoring in Christian culture and skylarking, papered the university with these flyers, and the next morning a bunch of them were faxed all over campus. Now you know that we live in sad days, days when satire is increasingly difficu!
 lt, and
 almost impossible. The radio station announced the lectures all day, an instructor out of the women's center announced the lectures to a class, and the English department (listed on the flyer as sponsor) called the announced location to find out if they were in fact going on.
<P>Well, some authorities at the University of Idaho went sideways, and had the cops out looking for the culprits. When they demanded to see the film from the security cameras at Kinko's (whence the faxes had been sent), our noble editor contacted the established authorities (Rom. 13), who told him it wasn't funny. He responded that on the contrary it was, and the next day gave out a press release on how the university was trying to repress the true, the good and the lovely. </P>
<P>Needless to say, lots of people showed up for the non-event, and all this happened on April 1. All in all, it was a bad day for the tight-lipped fundamentalists of the left. </P></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1182992004-1061916219=:65638--