[Vision2020] unequivocal words of God

Robert Dickow dickow@uidaho.edu
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:35:36 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Jones" <credenda@moscow.com>

> But notice if you drop the
> references to the Bible, the same objection applies to Reason -- "can not
be
> refuted," "giving up all of our judgment and Will," "the absolute
> authority,"

Well, no. Reason is not something that could be refuted anyway by its
nature. Reason is a process. It involves such things as argumentation,
deduction, induction, etc. Reason is not itself a proposition or idea that
can subject itself to 'refutation' in the sense you use.

Now, if you suggest that the existence or validity of  Reason might be
called into question, I think you'll have a VERY hard time arguing that
point.

Bob Dickow