[Vision2020] unequivocal words of God

Sharon Sullivan herbals@moscow.com
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 14:06:32 -0700

--=======67B4219D=======

--=====================_1122540==.ALT

Visionaries,
         The following is a reprint of a column from Hip Mama magazine,
issue #23.  I couldn't resist in light of the continuing debate, ad
nauseum, of relativism vs. God's word .  Perhaps you will enjoy, perhaps
not...depending on your perspective, of course!
Sharon Sullivan

"An Open Letter to Dr. Laura Schlessinger:
Dear Dr. Laura,
         Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's
law.  I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can.  When someone tries to defend the
homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22
clearly states it to be an abomination.  End of debate.  I do need some
advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to
best follow them.
         When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates
a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9).  The problem is my
neighbors.  They claim the odor is not pleasing to them.  How should I deal
with this?
         I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it suggests in
Exodus 21:7.  In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price
for her?
         I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in
her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24).  The problem is, how
do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
         Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are
around us.  A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not
Canadians.  Can you clarify?
         I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.  Exodus
35:2 clearly states he should be put to death.  Am I morally obligated to
kill him myself?
         A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is
abomination (Lev. 10:10) it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.  I
don't agree.  Can you settle this?
         Leviticus 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if
I have a defect in my sight.  I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses.  Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
         I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am
confident you can help.  Thank you again for reminding us that God's word
is eternal and unchanging."

--=====================_1122540==.ALT

<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>The
following is a reprint of a column from Hip Mama magazine, issue
#23.&nbsp; I couldn't resist in light of the continuing debate, ad
nauseum, of relativism vs. God's word .&nbsp; Perhaps you will enjoy,
perhaps not...depending on your perspective, of course!<br>
Sharon Sullivan<br><br>
&quot;An Open Letter to Dr. Laura Schlessinger:<br>
Dear Dr. Laura,<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Thank you
for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law.&nbsp; I have
learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as
many people as I can.&nbsp; When someone tries to defend the homosexual
lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly
states it to be an abomination.&nbsp; End of debate.&nbsp; I do need some
advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to
best follow them.<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>When I
burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing
odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9).&nbsp; The problem is my neighbors.&nbsp;
They claim the odor is not pleasing to them.&nbsp; How should I deal with
this?<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>I would
like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it suggests in Exodus
21:7.&nbsp; In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price
for her?<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>I know
that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of
menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24).&nbsp; The problem is, how do I
tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Lev. 25:44
states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us.&nbsp; A
friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not
Canadians.&nbsp; Can you clarify?<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>I have a
neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.&nbsp; Exodus 35:2 clearly
states he should be put to death.&nbsp; Am I morally obligated to kill
him myself?<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>A friend
of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is abomination (Lev.
10:10) it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.&nbsp; I don't
agree.&nbsp; Can you settle this?<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Leviticus
20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect
in my sight.&nbsp; I have to admit that I wear reading glasses.&nbsp;
Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>I know you
have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can
help.&nbsp; Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal
and unchanging.&quot;<br>

---