[Vision2020] Islamic Or Democratic Secular Iraq?

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:51:32 +0000

Visionaries:

The official US line of propaganda is that the US will eventually allow Iraq
to choose its own leaders and government.  But if this means Iraq will adopt
an Islamic style government, will the US allow this?  One of the main
reasons we occupy Iraq is to neutralize the potential for anti-US
fundamentalist Islamic control of one of the most oil rich regions of the
world.  And playing Sunni and Shiite Islamic groups against each other in
Iraq is an excellent ploy to block a unified Islamic government there.
However, there are signs that the Sunni and Shiite Islamic factions, who
otherwise are enemies of each other, are cooperating against a common enemy,
the USA.  This would portend a difficult road ahead for US plans to erect a
government sympathetic with US strategy.

See article below:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4453-2003Aug16.html