[Vision2020] Religion is Business

Peter Willard petew@completebbs.com
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:33:08 -0700

--=======650945B2=======

At 09:20 PM 8/15/03 -0700, John Danahy wrote:

>An interesting thought!  If you and others so value my particular belief
>structure that you are willing to support it with financial backing, then
>you might actually be correct.  Furthermore, if as a result of your
>financial backing, I was able to purchase buildings and other property,
>then I would have to pay property tax, under my belief
>structure.  However, since no one yet has been willing to support me in
>this particular way, and since I do not own buildings or other property
>that I would use to further entice financial backing, I must simply pay
>tax on what I own, and on what is owned by the various businesses that I
>support.

Ideas are a kind of property as well, even dumb ideas like the Nike
"swoosh" are often worth a zillion or more dollars, so you should be
reporting all of your ideas to the County Assessor and quit mooching off of
others; many live without a single idea.You probably got your ideas in a
government school, don't you think you should be giving something back?

---