[Vision2020] Aaron Booth: More Bigotry From Monroe, Louisiana

Douglas Stambler ccm_moscow@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:41:16 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1232328671-1060990876=:70036

:: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 :: :: Aaron 12:27 PM [+] ::
Odd Thoughts

The other day, our olympic hero Jon Amos, or at least someone with us mentioned a new website to me called Black People Love Us. We looked at it, and it's pretty funny. I can't say I endorse it entirely, but it did make us laugh. One of the other bloggers may have already told you about, or at least linked to it, so if that's the case, I didn't mean to steal anyone's link.

:: Thursday, February 20, 2003 :: :: Aaron 11:48 PM [+] ::
Sorry about being so lame with the posts lately. I've been so busy with the house and the move that the blog has gotten pushed to the side. What's more is it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. I may not have an internet connection until next Friday. But when I do come back I'll be on a cable connection so I'll be blazing away unchecked. Anyway, I'll leave you with this thought regarding the racial discussions going on at Language of Lizenby and verbingnouns:

In keeping with those that want us to tone our terms down a bit, I think that we should stop refering to each other as "bloggers." The B-word is too offensive and should be replaced by the more civilized version: Bloggroes.

| Discuss | SensusPleniorCount(89480565);

:: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 :: :: Aaron 12:19 PM [+] ::
I'll tell you what I like about those Chinese people: you never have to wonder what is or isn't allowed at their resturaunts. At all the places here in Monroe they have a rule for every imaginable situation. They've got the standard "Please Wait to be Seated" and the rules about checks, but I counted nine other placards telling you, the customer, just exactly was is or isn't permissable. You may only smoke in the designated smoking area, which makes sense - afterall they named the sections, but you may not smoke cigars or pipes, only cigarettes. And if you get a to-go order you may only have two packets of sauce per saucable item. Don't even think of asking for more.

| Discuss | SensusPleniorCount(89380039);

from Aaron Booth's site at http://www.oddthoughts.blogspot.com/

--0-1232328671-1060990876=:70036

<STRONG><FONT color=#999966>:: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 ::</FONT></STRONG>
<BLOCKQUOTE><A name=87852232></A>:: Aaron 12:27 PM <A href="http://www.oddthoughts.blogspot.com/2003_01_01_oddthoughts_archive.html#87852232"><FONT color=#cc9933>[+]</FONT></A> ::
<P>
<H3><B>Odd Thoughts</B></H3>
<P></P><BR>
<P>The other day, our olympic hero <A href="http://www.aminor.blogspot.com/"><FONT color=#6699cc>Jon Amos</FONT></A>, or at least someone with us mentioned a new website to me called <A href="http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/"><FONT color=#cc9933>Black People Love Us</FONT></A>. We looked at it, and it's pretty funny. I can't say I endorse it entirely, but it did make us laugh. One of the other bloggers may have already told you about, or at least linked to it, so if that's the case, I didn't mean to steal anyone's link.</P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=#999966>:: Thursday, February 20, 2003 ::</FONT></STRONG>
<BLOCKQUOTE><A name=89480565></A>:: Aaron 11:48 PM <A href="http://www.oddthoughts.blogspot.com/2003_02_01_oddthoughts_archive.html#89480565"><FONT color=#cc9933>[+]</FONT></A> ::
<P>
<H4>Sorry about being so lame with the posts lately. I've been so busy with the house and the move that the blog has gotten pushed to the side. What's more is it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. I may not have an internet connection until next Friday. But when I do come back I'll be on a cable connection so I'll be blazing away unchecked. Anyway, I'll leave you with this thought regarding the racial discussions going on at <A href="http://languageoflizenby.blogspot.com/"><FONT color=#6699cc>Language of Lizenby</FONT></A> and <A href="http://sarahchristin.blogspot.com/"><FONT color=#6699cc>verbingnouns</FONT></A>:</H4>
<P></P><BR>
<P>
<H4>In keeping with those that want us to tone our terms down a bit, I think that we should stop refering to each other as "bloggers." The B-word is too offensive and should be replaced by the more civilized version: Bloggroes.</H4>
<P></P>
<P>| <A href="javascript:BlogDiscuss(89480565)"><FONT color=#6699cc>Discuss</FONT></A> |
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> SensusPleniorCount(89480565); </SCRIPT>
 <BR></P><STRONG><FONT color=#999966>:: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 ::</FONT></STRONG>
<BLOCKQUOTE><A name=89380039></A>:: Aaron 12:19 PM <A href="http://www.oddthoughts.blogspot.com/2003_02_01_oddthoughts_archive.html#89380039"><FONT color=#cc9933>[+]</FONT></A> ::
<P>
<H4>I'll tell you what I like about those Chinese people: you never have to wonder what is or isn't allowed at their resturaunts. At all the places here in Monroe they have a rule for every imaginable situation. They've got the standard "Please Wait to be Seated" and the rules about checks, but I counted nine other placards telling you, the customer, just exactly was is or isn't permissable. You may only smoke in the designated smoking area, which makes sense - afterall they named the sections, but you may not smoke cigars or pipes, only cigarettes. And if you get a to-go order you may only have two packets of sauce per saucable item. Don't even think of asking for more.</H4>
<P></P>| <A href="javascript:BlogDiscuss(89380039)"><FONT color=#6699cc>Discuss</FONT></A> |
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> SensusPleniorCount(89380039); </SCRIPT>
 <BR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>from Aaron Booth's site at <A href="http://www.oddthoughts.blogspot.com/">http://www.oddthoughts.blogspot.com/</A></P></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>