[Vision2020] RE: Beach, New Business, Empire Building in Moscow, Whatever Else

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@hotmail.com
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:24:04 -0700

Although studiously avoiding any discussion of tax bases, downtown, vacant
buildings, church planting, and the
[gay/libertarian/Reformed/realtors/topless] Agenda, I have noticed the name
of the Moscow Civic Association being thrown around in a couple of odd
contexts, and want to clarify a few things--

a.  Rose Huskey (long may she reign!) is not a member of the Moscow Civic
Association, nor a secret agent, mole, or double-naught spy for them--so her
questions--like most everything about her--are hers alone.  (Hi, Mom!)

b.  I *am* a member of the Moscow Civic Association, the website for which
can be found at:

http://www.moscowcivicasso.org/index.html

Our mission is "to protect and enhance inclusive and cooperative community
values by broadening public discourse, organizing and inspiring civic
participation, and striving toward progressive and sustainable community
development."  You'll note that there is no reference to Christ Church
there, nor yet to the Episcopal, Presbyterian, Methodist,
Unitarian-Universalist, Bahai, LDS, Quaker, Baptist, or Neo-Pagan churches.
You'll also search in vain for a reference to "no growth."

You will find a commitment to sustainable development, smart growth, the
strength and health of local businesses, religious diversity, civil rights,
strong public schools.

I encourage Vision 2020 members to find out more about the MCA through our
website or by coming to a meeting.

Melynda Huskey

Go, said the bird, for the leaves were full of children,
Hidden excitedly, containing laughter.
Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.
Burnt Norton, T.S. Eliot