[Vision2020] Libertarian principles

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:16:03 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_056A_01C360A9.F892B6D0

Ted writes
> Actually, I am libertarian on many issues.  Tobacco, for example, does =
more=20
> damage to people's lives many times over than all illegal drugs =
combined,=20
> yet I do not think it should be illegal.  So I don't think laws should =
be=20
> passed against all things I do not like.

I'm in full agreement with you on this matter. In the past, our country =
believed in personal liberty and self-government -- even to our own =
hurt. Now, we approach the State as our "nanny" -- to protect us from =
our choices (or, more likely, to keep others from their choices that I =
disagree with).

But don't get me started on the loss of our personal liberties!=20

Best,
Dale
------=_NextPart_000_056A_01C360A9.F892B6D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>Ted writes</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Actually, I am libertarian on many issues.&nbsp; Tobacco, for =
example,=20
does more <BR>&gt; damage to people's lives many times over than all =
illegal=20
drugs combined, <BR>&gt; yet I do not think it should be illegal.&nbsp; =
So I=20
don't think laws should be <BR>&gt; passed against all things I do not=20
like.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>I'm in full agreement with you on this matter. In the past, our =
country=20
believed in personal liberty and self-government -- even to our own =
hurt. Now,=20
we approach the State as our "nanny" -- to protect us from our choices =
(or, more=20
likely, to keep others from their choices that I disagree with).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But don't get me started on the loss of our personal liberties! =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Best,</DIV>
<DIV>Dale</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>