[Vision2020] Nate's House

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:29:48 -0700

> "Second, why a few buildings have caused such a concern -- aren't we in a
> growing town?"
>
> "Growth" is not defined as purchasing existing structures and attaining
tax
> exemptions for those buildings, Mr. Courtney.  Growth has to do with
adding
> new "taxable" structures to a community.

As they say in California: Duh!

Tom, you got your apples and oranges confused again.  I would suggest
*reading* before responding. The navy has a term that the army may not be
familiar with: "the 2-minute rule" -- listen for 2 minutes before
interjecting into the conversation. It saves a lot of personal
embarrassment.

> Dale Courtney went on to say:
>
> "Third, a concept foreign to the Left: if necessary, tighten your belts."
>
> Wrong, Mr. Courtney.  Those of us on the left side of the aisle have
plenty
> of experience "tightening our belts".  We have had to do just that during
> the Reagan administration and both Bush administrations

Oh, I'm *very* familiar with economics; I've taken plenty of it for my
management graduate degree.

May I suggest you take a course at the UI on Economics. It may help you
understand why tax *cuts* stimulate the economy (more of *our* own money in
*our* pockets to spend -- another concept lost on the Left). Start with a
good course on microeconomics, then move to macro. Some courses in the
economics of taxation may help you as well. Last I checked, UI only had two
Econ classes dealing with taxation theory. Too bad.

Best,
Dale