[Vision2020] Nate's House

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:25:32 -0700

Dale Courtney stated:

"Second, why a few buildings have caused such a concern -- aren't we in a
growing town?"

"Growth" is not defined as purchasing existing structures and attaining tax
exemptions for those buildings, Mr. Courtney.  Growth has to do with adding
new "taxable" structures to a community.

Dale Courtney went on to say:

"Third, a concept foreign to the Left: if necessary, tighten your belts."

Wrong, Mr. Courtney.  Those of us on the left side of the aisle have plenty
of experience "tightening our belts".  We have had to do just that during
the Reagan administration and both Bush administrations, or don't you recall
"Trickle Down" and "Voodoo" economics (two concepts that never worked).  It
is apparent that George W. Jr. has established a new economic concept, "Pass
the Buck" economics.  "Pass the Buck" economics is characterized by
increased spending coupled with extensive tax cuts.  I am certain that our
children (and our childrens' children) will thank us for that.