[Vision2020] Censored Iraq News?

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:53:38 +0000

Tom et. al.

Our troops are being put into a situation where to defend themselves these
sorts of incidents will happen even when they take precautions to avoid
civilian deaths.  It's tragic for all sides.

But the media might do what it is supposed to do and report the truth,
rather than the spin of the Bush administration propagandists.

I know, I'm dreaming, no one really expects the media to report news from
both sides of a USA war without bias and spin, with all the pressure to
avoid appearing less than patriotic, or giving support to the enemy's moral
and propaganda.

Have you noticed how little discussion there is in the mainstream media of
the overall death toll, both military and civilian, on the Iraq side?
Estimates I have heard from organizations trying to gather this information
are over 6000 Iraq civilians deaths, perhaps 10,000 military deaths, with
this later estimate being less certain than the civilian death toll, yet my
understanding is that officially the USA has no Iraq casualty totals they
release.

Iraq civilian death toll:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/bodycount.htm

Iraq military death toll: