[Vision2020] Latah Rumors

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:20:39 EDT

--part1_158.22ce737b.2c692a67_boundary

Dear Visionaries:
I personally don't care what buildings Christ Church, New St. Andrews, or=20
Canon Press own. =A0 The alleged sale of David's (yes, my old time Moscow=20
connections are showing) was the buzz this weekend.  Perhaps my questions we=
re not very=20
gracefully expressed but I had no hidden agenda.  Actually, my agendas are=20
never hidden.  I asked direct questions in order to get direct answers as a=20=
way=20
to acquire direct facts rather than listen to gossip regarding the "current"=
=20
Christ Church conspiracy theory. =20
Tom was exactly right in noting that the tax issue, which was one of the=20
significant concerns of the folks who were discussing this issue, was the ba=
sis=20
for my questions.  There is a clear difference in taxes collected in a busin=
ess=20
owned by a church member, and one owned by the church.  The impact of that=20
difference is a burden on business owners in Moscow.  There are many non-Chr=
ist=20
church members who enjoy the hospitality of Bucer's and it is my sense that=20
that would be the case in other commercial venues as well.  The commercial u=
se of=20
that space is not my issue, and certainly not my business.  The tax exempt=20
use of that space, may arguably, represent a genuine concern of those who ar=
e=20
impacted by it. =20
I understand that Nate might feel that, given my proclivity for pointing out=
=20
the problems with children boxing, my suspicions about Steve Wilkin's racism=
, =20
etc. etc. that I was just baiting him. =A0 But, I wasn't. =A0 I asked about=20=
the=20
building purchase on Vision 20/20 because many of the folks who were so=20
concerned about the issue are steady readers and it seemed the fastest way t=
o get the=20
straight scoop. =A0 Apparently not.
Take care,
Rose Huskey

--part1_158.22ce737b.2c692a67_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Dear Visionaries:<BR>
I personally don't care what buildings Christ Church, New St. Andrews, or Ca=
non Press own. =A0 The alleged sale of David's (yes, my old time Moscow conn=
ections are showing) was the buzz this weekend.&nbsp; Perhaps my questions w=
ere not very gracefully expressed but I had no hidden agenda.&nbsp; Actually=
, my agendas are never hidden.&nbsp; I asked direct questions in order to ge=
t direct answers as a way to acquire direct facts rather than listen to goss=
ip regarding the "current" Christ Church conspiracy theory.&nbsp; <BR>
Tom was exactly right in noting that the tax issue, which was one of the sig=
nificant concerns of the folks who were discussing this issue, was the basis=
 for my questions.&nbsp; There is a clear difference in taxes collected in a=
 business owned by a church member, and one owned by the church.&nbsp; The i=
mpact of that difference is a burden on business owners in Moscow.&nbsp; The=
re are many non-Christ church members who enjoy the hospitality of Bucer's a=
nd it is my sense that that would be the case in other commercial venues as=20=
well.&nbsp; The commercial use of that space is not my issue, and certainly=20=
not my business.&nbsp; The tax exempt use of that space, may arguably, repre=
sent a genuine concern of those who are impacted by it.&nbsp; <BR>
I understand that Nate might feel that, given my proclivity for pointing out=
 the problems with children boxing, my suspicions about Steve Wilkin's racis=
m,&nbsp; etc. etc. that I was just baiting him. =A0 But, I wasn't. =A0 I ask=
ed about the building purchase on Vision 20/20 because many of the folks who=
 were so concerned about the issue are steady readers and it seemed the fast=
est way to get the straight scoop. =A0 Apparently not.<BR>
Take care,<BR>
Rose Huskey<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_158.22ce737b.2c692a67_boundary--