[Vision2020] Latah Rural Rumors

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:07:03 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_023F_01C35FF0.5009B8B0

Dear Rose,

You write: "Is it true that Doug Wilson, or an affiliated Christ Church =
business has recently purchased the old David's building".=20

Can you define what you mean by "an affiliated Christ Church business"? =
Do you mean a business run by a member of that church? If so, isn't it =
odd that we don't verify the rumors for *every* building or business =
purchased by *every* member of *every* congregation in Moscow? Or is one =
particular congregation being singled out for a specific reason?

Secondly, if a building is being purchased as a "business", then it =
continues to pay taxes, correct? The only time a building is exempt is =
if it is used 100% as a tax-free "ministry" of some sort.

Finally, Bill London may want to petition the new owners of that =
building to open their bathrooms to public use. That should smooth over =
any ruffled feathers that the MCA may have concerning this rumor.

Best,
Dale

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: DonaldH675@aol.com=20
  To: vision2020@moscow.com=20
  Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 22:03
  Subject: [Vision2020] Latah Rural Rumors

  Dear Visionaries,
  Dame Rumor travels slowly down highway 8, and I don't subscribe to the =
Daily News so I my be repeating old news but I hope some of you may be =
able to respond to my questions.  Is it true that Doug Wilson, or an =
affiliated Christ Church business has recently purchased the old David's =
building - (I think it is called Beaches now)?  If so, what plans have =
been made for it?  What are the ramifications for taxes?  Will the taxes =
of other down town business go up as a consequence? =20
  Thank you
  Rose Huskey
------=_NextPart_000_023F_01C35FF0.5009B8B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Dear Rose,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You write: "<FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is it true that Doug =
Wilson, or an=20
affiliated Christ Church business has recently purchased the old David's =

building</FONT>". </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Can you define what you mean by "an affiliated Christ Church =
business"? Do=20
you mean a business run by a member of that church? If so, isn't it odd =
that we=20
don't verify the rumors for&nbsp;*every* building or business purchased =
by=20
*every* member of *every* congregation in Moscow? Or is one particular=20
congregation being singled out for a specific reason?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Secondly, if a building is being purchased as a "business", then it =

continues to pay taxes, correct? The only time a building is exempt is =
if it is=20
used 100% as a tax-free "ministry" of some sort.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Finally, Bill London may want to petition the new owners of that =
building=20
to open their bathrooms to public use. That should smooth over any =
ruffled=20
feathers that the MCA may have&nbsp;concerning this rumor.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Best,</DIV>
<DIV>Dale</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DDonaldH675@aol.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:DonaldH675@aol.com">DonaldH675@aol.com</A> </DIV>
title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, August 09, 2003 =

  22:03</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Vision2020] Latah =
Rural=20
  Rumors</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">Dear Visionaries,<BR>Dame Rumor travels slowly =
down highway=20
  8, and I don't subscribe to the Daily News so I my be repeating old =
news but I=20
  hope some of you may be able to respond to my questions.&nbsp; Is it =
true that=20
  Doug Wilson, or an affiliated Christ Church business has recently =
purchased=20
  the old David's building - (I think it is called Beaches now)?&nbsp; =
If so,=20
  what plans have been made for it?&nbsp; What are the ramifications for =

  taxes?&nbsp; Will the taxes of other down town business go up as a=20
  consequence?&nbsp; <BR>Thank you<BR>Rose Huskey</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_023F_01C35FF0.5009B8B0--