[Vision2020] Gay Marriage, again

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:25:49 -0700

Visionaries,

My question and concern is this. If we stop imposing a particular religious
view through the mechanism of civil law (which is, we agree, what our
current laws amount to), and we do this for the sake of allowing homosexual
marriage, what logical reason do we have for stopping there? We suddenly
cannot arbitrarily reimpose the religious view we just rejected (for the
sake of limiting marriages to two persons). Your interest may be limited to
the allowance of homosexual marriages, but those responsible for the law
over the entire society have to keep in the front of their minds that there
are other requests/demands that will be made almost immediately. And the
polygamists will be near the head of the line of those making them.

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson