[Vision2020] Re: Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage

Peter Willard petew@completebbs.com
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:11:17 -0700

--=======233872A0=======

At 04:30 PM 8/4/03 -0700, Donovan Arnold wrote:

>Argument 1) They can't reproduce.

What other purpose does marriage serve if it doesn't create new, legitimate
offspring? Are you suggesting some kind of santized prostitution?

No! We shall build homes for the spinsters and the widowers where they can
perform useful work without distraction and the men who remain unwed at age
22 shall volunteer for the Navy or the Merchant Marine, depending their
temperments.

>This means that the moment that a women stops menstruating that the man
>should dump his wife? And with modern technology same sex partners now can
>reproduce, only now in a controlled manner that makes sure the child will
>be well taken care of.

Modern technology is of the Devil, as a glimpse in a typical "INBOX" will
quickly demonstrate.

>Argument 2) They can't really love each other.

Making marriage a "love" thing was probably the biggest mistake of Western
Civilization. Marriage is of the community and not of the individual's
fickle fancy!!!

No one should be allowed to court, much less marry, without the approval of
at least five upright men from their Church or perhaps of their fathers'
Granges, if they live in different parishes.

>Argument 3) The parts don't fit.

There's one for some of your "modern technology"!

>Argument 4) It is against the Bible.
>
>Gee, so is hating people, should we make that illegal too?

Are you sure about that? Seems like that one guy hates just about everyone
except perhaps Enoch and Noah, but it's not like we've heard much from them
lately...

>Argument 5) It will lead to polygamy, bestiality, and pedophilia.

And tax credits just for checking out if it's "your style" or not!

---