[Vision2020] University dollars

Bill Strand strand@pacsim.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:09:14 -0700

Hi Tom,

You asked me for an example of U of I taking their business outside of
Moscow. This month the U of I decided to encourage all their employees
to mail order their medications from Oregon rather than purchase via
local pharmacies (up to 40% - 60% discount on their co-pay).

I understand the need to control drug costs. This is the reason I feel
that other changes were justified. (They took away the maximum "out of
pocket" for drugs. This means for people who have high drug costs due to
chronic illnesses, have NO maximum amount that they pay).

Maybe there was an INCREDIBLE deal that the U of I got out of this. But
now that revenue is going out of state to Oregon.

Bill Strand