[Vision2020] Smoke North Of Moscow too.

Joel Hamilton joelh@uidaho.edu
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:45:41 -0700

John

While the smoke looked like it was just north of Moscow Mountain, it was
actually coming from east of Potlatch.  It was a controlled burn of several
large grass-seed fields near where Gary Morris used to live, and another
field just south of Princeton.  The air quality was very bad in the town of
Potlatch.  The following is a picture of the grass field fire near
Princeton, looking south from the parking lot of the Princeton Post Office
at 2pm this afternoon.  Why the state allows them to burn when the fire
danger is as high as it is now I will never understand.

http://joel.hamilton-family.org/Gallery1/Fires/Princeton.gif

I also include a photo of the remnants of the Flannigan Creek fire east of
Viola taken at about 8:30 this morning.

http://joel.hamilton-family.org/Gallery1/Fires/Viola.gif

Joel Hamilton