[Vision2020] University dollars

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:48:06 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,
    Yes, I have been in G'ville
    I was referring primarily to the size of the
town---I do think Moscow would be similar if not for
UI

   It may not be obvious by a quick drive through, but
the town is disintegrating economically. The only
growth has been generated by relocators from CA and AZ
buying rural land.

   The main lumber mill in Grangeville has closed
completely and the remaining mill is threatening to
close down--both in G'ville and Elk City. There are
many many houses in town that have been on the marked
for years without any serious inquiries.
    The school district is in a shambles and has been
unable for years to pass a levy to do anything about
it.
     I believe you're correct about community spirit.
There is a hardworking core of Chamber of Commerce
members who do their best.
     TL