[Vision2020] School Levy or not...

Doug Farris heirloom@moscow.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:45:32 -0700

Tom Hansen said:
"just send ...."please veto the school appropriation bill"

Tom,

"IF WE VETO IT, THEY WILL LEARN"

I thought the money was for the kids and not the teachers salaries and
benefit package.

Kids learn 30 to a class or 2 to a class In this case Size does not
matter....

Time to face the music Tom, (and lower enrollment) and start to cut back
on the number of teachers and administration folks that use up the lions
share of the MSD budget.

I have a way that teachers can get a big raise, class size gets to 23
per class, students get taught and we save 6-8 million dollars.... here
is a math word problem for you....for the 2298 students divide the
number of students by 100 this gives the basic class size. How many
teachers does it take to teach 100 classes? If you guessed 100 then you
would be correct and there are substantially more than 100 teachers in
the MSD. If you paid each teacher $75,000 Dollars in USA funds, what
would the teachers salaries be? I'll give you a hint X = the number of
teachers and Y = the salary each teacher gets.....

...... ???

..... ok I'll give you another hint X x Y = ????

..... the answer is 7.5 Million dollars add to this the cost of fewer
class room because the 23 students per class would allow you to shut the
doors on the OLD school building that you want to make new... So let's
say we have 10.5 Million dollars to spend. That would be about 6 Million
left to pay off the bonds that are outstanding and still have a good end
of the year party... (oh we would have the administration teach as well
then they could earn their money like the rest of the Union)

I am no longer interested in Where did the children go? I want to know
WHY are they spending SOOOOO much money?

Thanks for the opportunity to dialogue with you...

lemeno Doug!