[Vision2020] The rich get richer and...

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:53:08 +0000

Tina, Dale and ALL:

The facts on trends of distribution of wealth in recent years in the USA are
well known and documented.

The lowest wage earners in the USA have seen changes in their economic
standing remain dramatically unimpressive by US standards, while the upper
economic brackets have seen HUGE increases in income, though the recent
stock market down turn during the current Bush administration has hit the
wealth of the rich hard.

So what if the lower classes see a tiny increase in purchasing power when
the wealthy see a huge increase?  The poor get to buy a new brake job on
their old busted up Toyota, while the rich buy a new Mercedes!

Right, all boats are lifted, just some boats are leaking and about to sink,
while pleasure yachts serving caviar from fine silver cruise smugly by.

I don't care if someone's politics are left or right or up or down:
anyone arguing that the economic system in the USA is currently rewarding
hard work in an equitable manner must deal with the reality of the fantastic
gap between rich and poor.

Justify it if you want, but don't speak as though it does not exist!

Ted