[Vision2020] Disturbing trends

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:10:13 -0700 (PDT)

Ted,
   You're right.
   I used "censorship" and "violation of the First
amendment rights" interchangeably(sp?)when you could
argue they're not necessarily the same thing.
   You could call private action censorship I guess.
But it would not be a violation of free speech rights
protected by the First amendment. And so, in most
cases it would be perfectly legal. That's all.
   I was just trying to make the distinction between
state action (required if First amendment concerns
enter in) and private action. I guess I just made a
bit of a mess out of it.

    TL