[Vision2020] Disturbing trends

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam@hotmail.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:44:12 -0700

<P>Dan,</P>
<P>My concern with the conduct of the Bush Administration is independent of the manner in which he took office.&nbsp; I am concerned about what this group is doing now that they are in power, not with how they got there.&nbsp; If there is a connection between the two, it is here:&nbsp; Given the manner in which he took office, I thought&nbsp;Bush&nbsp;would adopt a conciliatory approach, realizing that he did not have a huge win or anything that could remotely be called a mandate.&nbsp; Instead, he ignores anyone who disagrees with him;&nbsp; I am disappointed that this is the case.</P>
<P>Since its early days, this administration has been more obsessed with secrecy since any administration I can remember.&nbsp; Don't take my word for it, check for yourself on how the Freedom of Information Act is being interpreted, how they have changed the rules relating to release of information from prior administrations.</P>
<P>Then you have a Justice Department that has sponsered the Patriot Act and now has the even worse version on the way.&nbsp; I want to give credit here to our Congressman for voting against the Patriot Act; it's a shame there weren't more like him.</P>
<P>There is much to be concerned about the way foreign policy is being decided.&nbsp; People whose views were too radical for Dubya's father's administration are now calling the shots.&nbsp; Poke around the site for the Project for the New American Century: <A href="http://www.newamericancentury.org/">http://www.newamericancentury.org/</A></P>
<P>These are the folks running our foreign policy.&nbsp; If you're comfortable with their positions, then fine, don't worry about the freakin' government.&nbsp; If one thinks, as I do, that implementing their policies will keep us at war in the Middle East, then there is much to worry about.&nbsp; </P>
<P>Just don't think that the concerns that are being expressed are the result of the manner in which he took office.&nbsp; That view leaves out entirely too much.</P>
<P>Sunil Ramalingam<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Dan Carscallen" <PREDATOR75@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Disturbing trends
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:20:10 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;All:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I can't believe all this whining about how "frightened" everyone is of the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Bush administration because it reminds them so much of pre-WWII Germany.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Give me a freakin' break! Just because a guy got in after the other guy
<DIV></DIV>&gt;decided to concede the election, then got the lawyers involved and threw the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;whole country into an uproar. Some people just can't take losing, I guess.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;It's been almost two-and-a-half years, people. Live with it! You'll get
<DIV></DIV>&gt;your chance again in 2004.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Enjoying life and all it has to offer without worrying about the freakin'
<DIV></DIV>&gt;government,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;DC
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>&gt; serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>&gt; mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ