[Vision2020] ISPrejudgement on V2020

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:20:53 -0700 (PDT)

Visionaries,
      I like calling this "ISPrejudice"  or "ISP
discrimination."
      So let me make an argument for a new PROTECTED
CLASS.
      Lessee...."We users of  hotmail, yahoo, excite
and all the other free services of the rainbow of
DEE-MAYUND that our concerns be heard!! We DEE-MAYUND
that the V2020 powers that be grant us the RESPECT
accorded to any other account. Chanting starts: "OUR
ACCOUNTS COUNT! OUR ACCOUNTS COUNT! OUR ACC..."

      Sorry about that, but seriously folks...
      First, there are those of us who use a free
account on lists and etc. because we actually want to
keep our private address private. It's much more
efficient communicating with family members, friends
and associates if there are a few messages that you
know came from them in your inbox.
       Much better than a line of 27 "Re:'s" in a row
as often happens on this list.
       Also, this reduces the likelihood of having
your address hijacked or added to spam lists at
random. But that's not a big deal, I'll just drop off
the list if I can no longer use a YAHOO acct. And one
out of 4 or so hundred is not much of an argument
either way.
     The next item is the one that is of more concern.
 Some folks may be interested in V2020 and not be able
to have their own computer and ISP account for
whatever reason. They can still go to the public
library or to a friend or relative's house and be a
part of V2020 by using a free address. The free email
allows them to have their own discussions with the
list and list members individually.
         TL