[Vision2020] The future of this list

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:18:38 -0700

Bill Strand states:

"If this were a classroom, would you tolerate this behavior from a student?
Would (you) tolerate this from your kids at dinner?"

As much as I would love to see Mr. Stambler voluntarily drop from the rolls
of the subscribers to this list, I seriously believe that he has his right
to make these statements as much as other subscribers have the right to
ignore/delete his postings.

The purpose of a classroom is to provide a venue conducive to learning and
teaching.  A student behaving in this manner disrupts that purpose.  This
analogy does not fit.  Vision2020 is meant as an open forum for discussion.

Acceptable behavior within a family is defined by the parents (hopefully).
There is no requirements for these standards of behavior within the family
to be democratic in nature (and in some cases they aren't).  This analogy
does not fit, either.  Realizing that Vision 2020 is open to the general
public, rules for posting has not been addressed in "How this Discussion
Works" at:

http://vision2020.moscow.com/help.asp

or in "The Vision 2020 Mission Statement" at

http://vision2020.moscow.com/mission.asp