[Vision2020] The future of this list

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:47:34 -0700

I am opposed to removing Mr. Stambler from the list.  Like it or not,
crackpot or lucid, we are all members of this community.  Whether or not we
recognize one another as contributing posts of equal value is not the issue.
  We can ask that Mr. Stambler please have more consideration for our
patience and our bandwidth, but I think it would be a mistake to risk the
freedom of this list for the sake of our convenience.  What could be easier
than delete, delete, delete?  (I say this knowing full well that most of us,
myself included, wouldn’t watch television if we couldn’t find the remote
control.)

The first time I went to Hyde Park, not far from Speaker’s Corner I was
flashed by an old man in a trench-coat.  It was about fifteen degrees
outside, and the flasher was rather . . . blue.  I admired his fortitude and
went on about my business.  Dare I suggest this as a possible list metaphor?

Auntie E/Joan Opyr