[Vision2020] Bull Durham

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:56:27 -0700

The Baseball Hall of Fame was scheduled to have a 15th anniversary
celebration of the classic baseball movie "Bull Durham" in a couple of
weeks.  Dale Petroskey, the Hall of Fame president, and a former official in
the Reagan administration, cancelled the event.  The reason:  Co-stars Tim
Robbins and Susan Sarandon have spoken against the war.  Petroskey says
their comments "ultimately could put our troops in even more danger."  I
offer this with no editorial comment, I just find it interesting.  I know,
I'm shallow, most of my postings have to do with sports, I'm sorry....

                                                       Carl Westberg Jr.