[Vision2020] The Masters..

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:40:04 GMT

The golf club in Augusta will not allow any female members.  This became public
knowledge within the past year.  As with Logos School, that is their
prerogative.  Once a year (as you know) the golf club hosts the Masters
Tournament.  I don't believe that the "commercial-free" attribute of this
year's tournament was meant as a privilege being extended to the viewing
public.  I simply do not believe that they could find a sponsor that would be
willing to be subject to the sexist image of the golf club.  For instance, if
Pepsi decided to sponsor the tournament, could you image the boycots of grocery
stores by such organizations as NOW?

           http://www.fsr.net/