[Vision2020] Logos School's all-male board

Greg Burton gburton@sltrib.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:18:09 -0600

--------------AAD344CA68F5C913842B54B0

  It has come to my attention that I may have been too harsh. I'll blame the war.
  My point was that indoctrinating a woman to defer to a man increases abuse.
Doesn't happen every time. Happens too much. The same would be true if the roles
were reversed. And religious leaders, because they are often trusted more than good
sense would advise, and because they take a strong interest in the noble cause of
preserving the family, might, on too many occasions, encourage a wife to adhere to a
husband despite abuse.
  This, I thought, was just a notion to toss around as certain factions argued the
epistemological sense of all-male school boards and Nazi regimes.
  Is this so far afield?

--------------AAD344CA68F5C913842B54B0

begin:vcard
n:Burton;Greg
tel;cell:(801) 918-8097
tel;fax:(801) 257-8525
tel;work:(801) 257-8789
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sltrib.com
org:The Salt Lake Tribune;Environment & Adventure Desk
adr:;;143 S. Main Street;Salt Lake City;Utah;84111;United States
version:2.1
email;internet:gburton@sltrib.com
title:News Editor
x-mozilla-cpt:;3