[Vision2020] Meanwhile, back at the war

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:51:42 -0700

President Bush, speaking in Northern Ireland today, spoke of a limited role
for the United Nations in a post-war Iraq, limited to humanitarian and
advisory roles.  The United States and Britain would choose the government.
This, coupled with a continued U.S. military presence after the war's
conclusion, sure smacks of America as empire to me.  King George must get
over his snit with the U.N. Security Council, and involve the U.N.
thoroughly.  To not do so will further damage United States diplomatic
credibility, which has suffered enough right now.  It does cause me great
concern to realize that I may be in agreement with Doug Wilson on the
"America as empire" issue.

              Carl Westberg Jr.