[Vision2020] Logos School's all-male board

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:45:50 -0700

Dear visionaries,

Warren notes that Bill London's question has gone unanswered in the flurry
of discussion. What should we tell our daughters? We should teach them what
we believe, which is that men are called by God to sacrifice, love, lead,
provide, protect and honor, and women are called to answer this with
respect, wisdom, counsel,  nurture, and skillful management. I am aware of
the fact that all this is perfectly appalling in our egalitarian era, but
there it is.

The thing that cracks me up about the progressive agenda on this subject is
how they quietly assume that this sort of thing is a universal "women's
issue" when actual women (Christian women, with brains and everything!)
differ with their egalitarian agenda just as much as the men do (and
sometimes more). But no, all women, by virtue of the combination of their
chromosomes, are just so many moo cows, waiting patiently to be herded into
liberation.

Rosemary says that some have missed the point on her post concerning Logos.
They apparently thought she was comparing us to the Nazis when what she was
actually doing was comparing us to the Nazis.

Sharon Sullivan objects to the "brainwashing" that goes on in conservative
Christian circles. In the first place, most of our brains (and hearts, and
hands) could use a little scrub. Thank God for forgiveness of sin! But if
she means (as she perhaps does) that we work the kids over with rubber
hoses until they comply with our horrific vision, I think she has
overstated her case. There are schools where a significant number of the
kids are kept compliant and docile by means of medications -- but that
would not be Logos.

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson