[Vision2020] Logos School's all-male board

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:14:00 -0700

>     According to Vera White's "Ink" column on Friday, the
> Logos School here in Moscow recently voted to never allow
> women to serve on their elected board of directors.
>     I believe that decision is both wrong and foolish for may
> reasons, and would welcome a discussion of that policy on
> this community email list.

Bill,

I have a question for you. Do you think that a *private* organization has
the right (legally and morally) to set the criteria for leadership as it
pleases?

If a private school were to set the board member requirements as "one-eyed
Hittites", would that be legal and moral?

Best,
Dale Courtney