[Vision2020] Logos School's all-male board

Bill London london@moscow.com
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:54:48 -0700

    According to Vera White's "Ink" column on Friday, the Logos School
here in Moscow recently voted to never allow women to serve on their
elected board of directors.
    I believe that decision is both wrong and foolish for may reasons,
and would welcome a discussion of that policy on this community email
list.
    In addition, I have a question for Logos supporters.  I am a
father.  My daughter and her welfare are of primary significance to me.
I can not imagine looking her in the eye and telling her that she is not
good enough to serve in the leadership of her school.  I believe that it
is her talents, character, and interests that should determine what her
goals should be.  I would NEVER restrict her in that way.  How can you
do that to your own daughters?
BL