[Vision2020] Hate Crime on the Palouse

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 14:59:24 -0800 (PST)

Donavan,
Actually, I understood that a couple of the guys
involved in this flag deal were suspended and spent
some time in the Latah Co. jail.
  I'm not sure what you'd have UI do. Should it be
prison time for attempting to burn a flag and then
throwing it in a dumpster? Or should we tatoo a red
letter on them? What?
  Boorish and childish behavior, yes.
  But let's let the punishment fit the crime. These
guys didn't kill anyone, nor was anyone hurt. They got
drunk and acted like idiots and have been punished for
it--despite your refusal to believe it.

As for the guy found hanging in the arboreteum, the
police looked into the case and determined it was a
suicide. But from what you wrote in one of the other
posts, you would assume it was a hate-lynching unless
it is proven otherwise. Suicides are tragic enough
without assuming some grand conspiracy every time one
occurs. You mentioned there were no witnesses. The
police also determined that there was no evidence
anyone else was involved. Or do you believe that the
police conspired to cover up a crime? If so, you
should contact them and present your evidence.
 The definition of suicide is a death by un-natural
means when no other person is involved. The police
investigated and found it to be one. Why do you NEED
to cling to the hate crime thing with no evidence to
support it?

Also, you apparently are privy to evidence about the
more recent murder that hasn't been made public. What
has been made public is that the unfortunate soul
disappeared and his remains were found. Have you
contacted the police and had your information looked
into?
If you have and they have ignored it, then you have a
valid complaint.
If you have just privately decided that this was a
hate murder with no evidence then you're just blowing
smoke.
As for the people saying that this was not a hate
crime and tht the fellow might be still alive. I also
recall friends being quoted as saying that it was
possible he had left the state to pursue acting in
other areas. When a person disappears, law enforcement
and the general public always theorize as to all the
possibilities. I'm sure many wanted to believe he was
still alive. Was this speculation hateful? Should a
hate crime be the only reason a gay person goes
missing? What about all the other possiblities? Just
leaving on a whim for whatever reason, murder with
robbery as a motive, a serial killing, a lover's
quarrel, jealousy, insurance fraud. There could be a
million reasons that could be speculated about. Why
should a bias crime be the only reason? Not only would
this thinking hamper a police investigation it plain
doesn't make any sense.
TL

   Also,