[Vision2020] Project For A New American Century

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:50:20 -0800 (PST)

I didn't hear that interview thank goodness.
 Kristol gets more face time on news shows than all
the armchair generals combined.
  My question is WHY is his little 'STANDARD' magazine
soooo declared to be sooo influential all of a sudden?
I understood it was just another Rupert Murdoch
project and that its circulation is probably about
like that of the M-P DAILY NEWS.
  Wierd times!
   TL

--- Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Did anyone else hear Terry Gross' interview on Fresh
Air yesterday?  Her second interview was with William
Kristol, who is the chair of the Project for the New
American Century.  He has an abundance of arrogance
and belief in a radical approach that has not been
tried before, and has no history to support it.  He
really does seem to believe that we can create a
democracy in Iraq after this war.  Apparently he
doesn't seem to believe that the fact that no real
democracy has existed there before, or that we are
currently killing them, will be a problem.

The first interviewee, Joseph Cirincione, Senior
Associate and Director, Non-Proliferation Project,
pointed out that the national defense plan Paul
Wolfowitz submitted during the Administration of Bush
I was considered too radical at the time.  Now
Wolfowitz is surrounded by like-minded people, and his
plan for attacking anyone else who we might consider a
threat fits right in.  The folks who used to be on the
fringe are now running the show.  Cirincione pointed
out that this is hardly a conspiracy, since they're
all out in the open, and haven't kept their opinions
secret.

As you say, Iraq is just the beginning for these
people.

Sunil

>From: "Ted Moffett" >To: vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] Project For A New American
Century >Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 19:08:54 +0000 > >
>All: > >It's all here folks, or nearly so: >
>http://www.newamericancentury.org >
>http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm
> >If you want to look at the thinking behind the War
on Iraq and >upcoming foreign adventures, this web
site is one of the best >resources available. > >This
conservative think tank, that has been around since
1997, with >the involvement of Cheney, Rumsfeld,
Perle, Wolfowitz, etc., is >critical in determining
Bush administration policy. The current >foreign
policy orientation of the Bush administration was in
the >works long before 9/11, though 9/11 provided the
"new pearl harbor" >to justify implementation of the
plan: The emphasis on US military >world dominance and
increased military spending, the doctrine of
>preemptive military action, the justifications for
the US to use >it's position as the world's sole
superpower to reshape the world's >political and
economic structure, etc. These conservatives were
>drooling over the chance to oust the Democrats from
the White House >to be able to place themselves in
power and implement their plan. > >I feel like a
citizen of the Roman empire. > >Afghanistan and Iraq
are just the beginning. > >Ted > > > >
MSN 8. >http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail >
>List services made available by First Step Internet,
serving the >communities of the Palouse since 1994.
>http://www.fsr.net >mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan
Online
List services made available by First Step Internet,

mailto:Vision2020@moscow.comŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ