[Vision2020] Project For A New American Century

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam@hotmail.com
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:07:26 -0800

<P>Did&nbsp;anyone else hear Terry Gross' interview on Fresh Air yesterday?&nbsp; Her second interview was with William Kristol, who is the chair of the Project for the New American Century.&nbsp; He has an abundance of arrogance and belief in a radical approach that has not been tried before, and has no history to support it.&nbsp; He really does seem to believe that we can create a democracy in Iraq after this war.&nbsp; Apparently he doesn't seem to believe that the fact that no real democracy has existed there before, or that we are currently killing them, will be a problem.</P></DIV>
<P>The first interviewee, Joseph Cirincione, Senior Associate and Director, Non-Proliferation Project, pointed out that the national defense plan Paul Wolfowitz submitted during the Administration of Bush I was considered too radical at the time.&nbsp; Now Wolfowitz is surrounded by like-minded people, and his plan for attacking anyone else who we might consider a threat fits right in.&nbsp; The folks who used to be on the fringe are now running the show.&nbsp; Cirincione pointed out that this is hardly a conspiracy, since they're all out in the open, and haven't kept their opinions secret.&nbsp; </P>
<P>As you say, Iraq is just the beginning for these people.&nbsp; </P>
<P>Sunil<BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Ted Moffett" <TED_MOFFETT@HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] Project For A New American Century
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 19:08:54 +0000
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;All:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;It's all here folks, or nearly so:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.newamericancentury.org
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If you want to look at the thinking behind the War on Iraq and
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;upcoming foreign adventures, this web site is one of the best
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;resources available.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;This conservative think tank, that has been around since 1997, with
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the involvement of Cheney, Rumsfeld, Perle, Wolfowitz, etc., is
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;critical in determining Bush administration policy. The current
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;foreign policy orientation of the Bush administration was in the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;works long before 9/11, though 9/11 provided the "new pearl harbor"
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to justify implementation of the plan: The emphasis on US military
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;world dominance and increased military spending, the doctrine of
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;preemptive military action, the justifications for the US to use
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;it's position as the world's sole superpower to reshape the world's
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;political and economic structure, etc. These conservatives were
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;drooling over the chance to oust the Democrats from the White House
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to be able to place themselves in power and implement their plan.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I feel like a citizen of the Roman empire.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Afghanistan and Iraq are just the beginning.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Ted
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_________________________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_____________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
<DIV></DIV>