[Vision2020] Book Review: Spider's Web: The Secret History

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:42:10 GMT

Mr. Hoffman -

This is my concern as well.  I strongly support Prime Minister Blair's
recommendation that once control of Iraq is achieved, government control be
given to the Iraqi people.  The problem is that none of the "siblings" (Sunnis,
Shiites, and Kurds) get along.  As much as I support what King George is doing
in Iraq, the ultimate result may be an Iraqi civil war.

If that were to occur, I would strongly support a "hands off" policy by the US
and let the "siblings" fight it out among themselves.  This also may result in
bigger problems.  A weaker Iraq may attract Turkey or Iran.  What then?

Just some thoughts.

           http://www.fsr.net/