[Vision2020] What if Iraq wins the war?

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:41:34 -0800

I think it is possible for Iraq to win the war. Maybe not defeat the United
States Governments with bombs, but look at Vietnam, we clearly lost that
war. Yet Vietnamese did not cross the Atlantic in rafts and defeat the
United States. I think one of two outcomes will occur from this war.

1) The United States and the Coalition of the Killing, I mean Willing,will
defeat the Republican Guard and US troops are killed in the streets by Iraqi
citizens that wish us to leave.

2) The US spends billions and billions unable to bring down Saddam. Hundreds
if not thousands of our boys and girls are killed in action gaining little
ground. Bush is defeated in the 2004 election for causing all these deaths
and accomplishing nothing in the long wrong but the world hating the US.

When we are the Number 2 enemy in Iraq, and we take out the number 1 enemy,
who do you think becomes the number 1 enemy? Who becomes the target? That is
why I oppose this war, killing people for no purpose.

Saddam might be dead and we don't even know, yet Iraqis are still being
killed by Iraqis. They were killed before Saddam, they are being killed now,
and they will continue to be killed by their government long after Saddam is
dead. Saddam has maintained power because he understands his country far
more then Bush, and he will use this to stop us from taking him out of
power.

Donovan Arnold