[Vision2020] National perception of the Palouse

eevans@moscow.com eevans@moscow.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:20:25 GMT

I think this perception of the palouse is unique to football/sports circles.
Outside that, there is no particular perception at all. Rather, the western
side of the US (those states west of New Hampshire) is seen as a blurry area
full of bears, trees, and Republicans, terminated by Seattle and California on
the far edge.

Cheers,
-Ed Evans

> Let 'em think it, Carl.  That way fewer of them will
want>  to move here, with them pesky indian attacks and all.

Don't forget that last cholera outbreak we had a couple
> years ago, and those settlers that had to cannibalize
eac> h other because they got cut off by that big blizzard.

tongue in cheek-ily

Dan Carscallen

-----Original
From: Carl Westberg
<carlwestberg846@hotmail> .com>
To: vision2020@moscow.com <vision2020@moscow.com>

Date: Thursday, December 19, 2002 8:44 AM
Subject:
[Vis> ion2020] National perception of the Palouse

I've
b> een reading some national sport web sites, and even
visit> ed the
Tuscaloosa, Alabama newspaper to gauge
reactions>  to Mike Price going to
Alabama.  It seems the
majority>  of the country believes that we poor Palouse
residents>  are completely cut off from the rest of the civilized
wo> rld.
We're still waiting for electricity, rotary
phone>  service, and face a week
long horse ride through 17
fo> ot snow drifts to reach Seattle, the nearest
civilized
> outpost.  And we have those pesky Indian attacks to deal
> with.
I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

           http://www.fsr.net/